spin the bottle

in this story they're playing spin the bottle. they're just as old as they were in season 3 however, the byers never moved. it's been a couple months since everything happened. the party is sitting in mikes basement thinking of stuff to do.

——————————————————————————

"We're not watching The Goonies again, Lucas. We watched that like 3 times already this week." Mike said. "Okay, okay then what would you like to do, King Mike?" Lucas said with a sarcastic tone. "Wait! I have an amazing idea!" Max said. Everyone looked at her. "We can play spin the bottle!" She squealed. Dustin and Lucas both smiled. Mike and Will looked like they wanted to throw up and El looked very confused.

"What's 'spin the bottle'?" She asked. "It's like a game, El. Everyone takes turns spinning the bottle. Whoever the bottle lands on, you have to kiss." Will explained. El and Will have gotten super close over the past few months. Mainly because after Hopper died she came to live with the Byers. However, Mike and El... they were a different story.

They weren't dating anymore. They were more like... best friends. Maybe. Sometimes they loved each other (in a friend way ofc) and sometimes they wanted to rip each other's heads off. Today seemed to be one of those days. El's eyes widened at the thought of having to kiss any of these people. "So, can we play?" Max asked, practically jumping out of her seat.

"I don't know guys. We're all good friends. I wouldn't want to really kiss any of you. Plus El is like my sister! So that would be weird." Will said. "Oh cmon Will. If the bottle lands on El you can just spin again. Same thing with her." Lucas motioned to El. "Yeah I'm not sure guys. I don't want to make things weird." Mike said. "Really dude. We're all best friends. Kissing each other won't make things weird unless you like someone in this room?" Dustin asked. Mike took a quick glance at Will and then looked down. His face was burning up. Of course he liked Will but, none of them knew that.

"Will can't save you, Mike. You do have a crush on someone in this room don't you? Who is it? Tell us!" Lucas squealed. "What? No! I don't like anyone here!" Mike yelled. "Guys just leave him alone. He doesn't have to say anything if he doesn't want to." Will said, placing a hand on Mike's shoulder. Mike's heart melted at Will's touch. Mike was new to this. He just recently realized his feelings for Will so he was bad at keeping them hidden. Will however, has had a crush on Mike for as long as he can remember. He's learned to keep it a secret without anyone suspecting anything.

"We will if you guys agree to play." Lucas said, smirking. Will looked at Mike. Mike looked at Will. Mike sighed, "Fine." He said, sitting down on the carpet in the middle of the room. Will followed and took a seat next to Mike. El sat next to Will. Max sat next to El. Lucas sat next to Max. Dustin sat next to Lucas completing the circle, Mike on the other side of him. "Okay, who wants to go first?" Lucas asked. "I will!" Max responded with excitement.

Max placed an empty glass Coke bottle in the middle of the circle. "Where'd you get that from?" Mike asked. "Lucas finished his Coke." Max responded. She grabbed the bottle and spun it. Of course it landed on Lucas and she smiled. "How perfect." Will sighed. "This is stupid." Mike whispered to Will. "Yeah I know." He answered. Lucas and Max kissed. "Who wants to go next?" Lucas asked. "Me!" Dustin said, grabbing the bottle and spinning it.

The bottle landed on El. Her eyes went wide. She looked terrified. "Hey, you don't have to if you don't want to." Will whispered to her, patting her back. "Uhm, no it's fine. I got this, right?" She whispered back. Will smiled and El leaned towards Dustin. They shared a kiss. It was short and simple. El pulled away smiling. "Told you Suzy wasn't lying. I'm good at this." Dustin said laughing. The bottle was spun a couple more times. Max and El kissed, to which El seemed to really like. Lucas and El kissed. Dustin and Lucas kissed. Mike and Will? They kissed no one.