1.29

The tension in the van was high, I could practically touch it. But the only thing I wanted now, was get away from the tension, not walk towards it. But I was caught in a van, nowhere to run. So I was stuck with the tension and 4 people I am since recently able to call my friends.

We arrived at the hawk's nest, where John B and Sarah had decided to meet. "I think I'm gonna do this one by myself, tonight." He said, causing Kie to roll her eyes.

"Really?" JJ asked, readjusting his hat.

"What?"

"Nothin'."

"Look I don't wanna spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B explained, and it seemed reasonable, but I had something to talk about with Sarah myself, and this was a pretty good time to find out.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kie complained.

John B threw his back, like he was frustrated. "Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's- it's just a- like a business meeting..."

If you ask me, this is not just a business meeting. And JJ didn't think that either when he made Pope laugh with something, I didn't see what, but I can guess that it was something about them screwing.

"Look once we get what we need we cut her loose, all right?" He said, but I can't say he is a good liar. I think Kie believed him, but I'm not great at reading people. "Plus, we need the map."

"Promise me nothing's happening between you two." Kie said, making me pinch the bridge of my nose. I don't what this whole 'Sarah is a snake' thing is about, but it's kind off getting on my nerves. But I guess it's fair, I wouldn't want Kie to go out with... I don't know, Rafe, or- or-... Alex. But I think it's safe to say that that won't happen.

"Nothing is happening, kie."

"I'm being serious." She pushed.

"Okay!"

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her." She said, the thunder rumbling outside. "Dude, she's gonna get inside you head." She said, by now I had been blocking out the words, not because it's annoying, but just because Sarah is still my friend. "Just promise me nothing is happening between you guys."

"I promise." He said one last time, but I wasn't sure anyone believed him. Judging by Kie's look, she didn't.

"That was really believable." JJ said.

"A 100 percent believable." Pope added.

"Yeah, you should win an Oscar John B." I said pulling open the car door, already stepping out.

"I thought he said he was going alone." JJ said.

"Sarah's my friend, so I'm coming." I said, looking at John B, who nodded in approval.

"We're gonna take care of business." John B said.

"You're gonna take care of it." JJ joked, directing it more towards John B.

"We'll just sit here... in the hot-ass car." Pope said, interupted by JJ agreeing out loud at times. "While j
It's lightning." He said, that was the last thing I heard from inside the once John B had closed the door.

"Let's go." I said, walking towards the hawk's nest. It might have been raining, and thunder was all around us, but it still wasn't cold. "You sure it is a smart idea to meet up here... on that really high tower... when we're surrounded by lightning." I said, pausing in between every sentence.

"What a way to kill the mood." He said.

"Trust me, it was already ruined when you them about Sarah." I said.