1.30

( a/n How am I already at chapter thirty and just halfway through the series... what!!?? Anyway... enjoy!!!)

I dared to open my eyes just second after I fell. But to my surprise, I wasn't on the ground, John B had lost most of his momentum once he had hit me, so I didn't fall far form the tower, that's why I was able to grab the side of the floor just with my left arm, where the pain was already dying down. But the tugging feeling in my fingers never went away, and since the wet wood was slippery, I felt my finger slowly slipping away. Sarah had already ran down to go to John B, who had fallen, and was laying on the ground without movement. I know someone else was up there, so I screamed his name, like I was about to lose my voice. "Help me! Pull me up!" I screamed. Soon enough, Toppers shocked face came into view. He immediatly grabbed my wrists. Pulling me up with a little effort. "Topper." I wispered, forgetting for just a second what he did as he pulled me into a hug.

"Jessi, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." He said, my sobs were getting louder, not that I was in pain, but what the hell just happened? Once I got my thoughts cleared out, and gained back full control, I pushed Topper away. And he immediatly took that very harsh, so he pushed me further away from him, storming away, down the stairs. My eyes snapped down where I heard Sarah yell for someones help. I saw the pogues run towards them. I needed to get down there aswell. So I ran to the stairs, I was afraid I might fall but that didn't matter at the moment, I got away with an almost fall from a tower, I can live with a fall from a view stairs, since I was already almost down.

"JJ!" I yelled as I hit the floor, getting the attention of the blonde of the blonde, who has hastily looking in every direction, like he was looking for something.

"Jess!" He yelled walking towards me. The tears were now streaming down my face, my body was trembling and not just because I was getting cold since my clothes are wet and the wind felt like a thousand knifes stabbing my skin, no because I could have fallen off of that thing, and I'd be laying next to John B right now.

JJ pulled me into a hug, allowing me to break down in his arms. "You're shaking. Are you hurt?" He asked quickly, pulling aways, checking every inch of my body to look for any sign of injury.

"No." No I said, swallowing the saliva in my mouth, as I shook my head violently. He pulled me back in quickly after, not letting me go until the ambulance had arrived for John B. Only one was allowed to stay with him, so we decided it'll best if Sarah would be that person, considering she's his... girlfriend? I don't know, all I know is that I want sleep, and I want this day to be over.

I couldn't go home, since I knew Topper would be there. So to my luck, JJ invited me to come stay with him, so we drove the van to his house in complete silence, not because it was awkward, but because no one knew what to say. We had dropped off Kie and Pope since, and we drove to the chateau. Here JJ gave me change of clothes he had there. I took a quick shower, and got dresses in the pair of sweatpants and the hoodie he had given me. And the second I pulled it over my head, the overwhelming smell of weed filled my nose, but I didn't mind, since it didn't fail to remind me of the owner.

I walked out, towards the kitchen where JJ was leaning against the counter with his head down. I walked up to him, holding my hand around his arm, that was crossed with the other. "He going to be okay." I reassured him.

"How would you know." He said a little harsher than I'd expected it, I pulled my hand back in surprise, making him look guilty. But I had to understand, where he is coming from, he is concerned, I get it.

"It's- uh, it's late. I should go to sleep." I said walking to the pull out that I heard Kie always sleeps on.

"Yeah, uh- goodnight gorgeous." He said, a little nervous, but still like he meant the nickname. "The clothes look good on you." He said as he was walking away. I sighed and got under the blanket that was spread over the couch and as I lay there, I knew that was most likely not an option tonight.