Epilogue

15 years later

"Mama tell Zia he keeps annoying me! I've had enough of him! He's soo irritating. He's taking the TV remote off me and I'm watching Disney channel". 

"Hey! Zia your not a baby anymore, you've been watching the tv for the last hour. Let Salihah watch what she wants now. Come let's do some homework together".

"Okay mama! Let me go and get my maths homework".

The little devils are ten years old. They drive me up the wall half the time, but my love for them is infinite. Alhamdulilah, alhamdulilah after five years of trying we were finally gifted our miracle babies.

We were apprehensive about trying IVF but three years had past and we were still not pregnant. After two years of failed trials of IVF we finally got pregnant. That day was  probably the happiest day of my life.

The infertility took a toll on mine and Ayman's relationship, I felt as though I was not worthy of being his wife, as I couldn't bear his children. It actually got to the point when I asked him to remarry if he wanted. I didn't want him to be stuck in a relationship where he wouldn't be happy. But he quickly shot down my suggestions and told be that we're in this together. I remember clear as the day when he told me that it was narrated from Anas bin Malik that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath." (Sunan Ibn Majah). After hearing this I took the pain like a soldier, and alhamdulilah the patience paid off, we are  finally content in life. 

After the kids were born I stopped working, I always said once they're a little bigger I'll go back. Ten years later I'm still sat here being lazy. I just don't have the same motivation or energy to work. But I absolutely love being a full time mum, I get to bake the kids their favourite desserts everyday in time for when they get back from school. Ayman is now the sole breadwinner, but he's happy! When we were getting to know each other, we talked about where we see ourselves in ten years. One of his dreams was to work up the teaching ladder. And alhamdulilah he has managed to do so! He is now working as a deputy head teacher in the same secondary school. His wage is more than enough for us to live comfortably, and for me to sit at home!

Ayman should be coming home from work soon inshallah, the kids have today off for inset day. "Salihah!! Zia! Come down and help me in the kitchen". One thing I vowed to myself when I was younger was that if I had kids of two different genders. I would make sure that they are both treated equally. Both genders need to know important life skills like cooking and cleaning. One thing I absolutely hate with the Pakistani culture is that boys, get treated more favourably than girls. But I know this has become less common with the new generation. Ayman is as passionate about this as I am, he's been teaching Zia how to be a respectable young lad.

"Mama what are we eating for dinner today!" Zia asked, "I've made chicken pilau today, with brown dhaal". "Yayy that's mine and baba's favourite meal!". "Here cut the salad and then you can make the raita". "Salihah I'll wash the dishes you can dry them". "Okay mama", she reminds me sooo much of myself when I was younger it's scary, we even look like twins as well. Her personality is exactly the same as mine salihah is a quiet, introverted and shy girl.  Salihah has the biggest heart, and her kind and gentle character shines bright. She is the biggest bookworm ever! Ayman had to build a bookshelf in her room that covers the whole wall. And surprise surprise it's filled with fairytales and pre teen romance books.

Zia is the literal definition of his name which is light. He brings light to our house with his loud, boisterous and cheeky personality. He is fiercely protective over Salihah, even though they enjoy having their fair share of squabbles. Both of them are following in Ayman's footsteps and are in the process of completing Hifz. They both willingly wanted to undertake the memorisation of the Quran, after they heard about Ayman's story. Both of us are beyond proud of them, I'd like to say that alhamdulilah, alhamdulilah so far we're not doing too bad at parenting.

I could hear the front door opening, seems like that handsome husband of mine has arrived home. "Where is my beautiful family at!". He called out, the twins dropped everything in their hands to greet their dad. Both of them have him wrapped right around their pinky fingers. As he walked into the kitchen with them I could see him looking around, until his eyes settled on me. He took two big strides and was in front of me. He pulled me into his chest and hugged me tight. "I missed you love". He whispered into the shell of my ear. "I missed you too babe". I kissed his cheek, "eww you guys are soo cringe!!". Zia spoke, "don't worry little man! One day when you have your own wife, I don't think you'll be cringing then. Ayman fired back!

"I'm going to get changed, I'll be down in a second and then we'll eat inshallah!". Salihah came by and whispered in my ear. "Mama do you think I'll have a Prince Charming like baba, one day". "Yes you will definitely! But only if you make dua for it. I always made dua from early on in life that's why Allah Swt gave me my Prince Charming". This girl! Seems like the fairytales are getting to her brain. It's nice to know that she feels comfortable enough, to talk to me about stuff like this.

We had eaten and cleared up the kitchen, we were just on our way to drop the kids off to mosque. As we had all settled in the car, Ayman began calling out Quran ayahs at random. The sound of their beautiful voices filled the car. Ayman went inside to go and drop our little angels off and have a chat with the imam about how they're doing with the hifz. Ten minutes later Ayman got into the car, "they're doing really well mashallah! The imam said they're really fast learners and inshallah they would complete it within the next two years!". That's great news to hear to be honest because, they started two years ago.

"Ahlam those kids give me a purpose in life, they make me want to wake up in the morning and actually go to work. Alhamdulilah, alhamdulilah we were blessed with them. Those five years were genuinely the hardest five years of my life. But one thing I firmly believe is that "with hardship comes ease". (Quran 94:5). There's never a day that goes by that don't thank Allah Swt for granting us our dream".

I had tears in my eyes because I could hear the emotions in his voice. "Yeah it's soo true alhamdulilah times a thousand! Honestly I think I would be in a deep hole of depression right now if it weren't for them".

"Will forever be indebted to Allah Swt for them, so everyday I always thank Allah Swt for our blessings. Because in surah Ibrahim Ayah 7 which states wa iz ta azzana rabbukum la'in shakartum la azeedannakum wa la'in kafartum inn'azaabee lashadeed. And this connotes that if you are grateful indeed Allah Swt will give you more".

And that was the story of Ahlam and Ayman!

Author's Note :

This book has finally finished! Let me know if you enjoyed it. It all started on a whim! But Allah Swt granted me the courage to start writing the story. I hope you learnt some Islamic knowledge and more about the Sunnah from this book. Honestly this journey has been a learning opportunity for me too! To be honest with you I never really read the Hadith, and alhamdulilah I am really thrilled that book has allowed me to do so.

Edit : 23.02.2021 - Thank you all soo much for soo much reads alhamdulilah alhamdulilah!! I am soo glad I really didn't expect to get this far. I didn't even expect to get one read.

If you have read up to here soo far could please give me some feedback on how you found the book! I really don't care if the feedback is bad I just genuinely want to know what you thought of the book. Honesty is the best policy!! ♥️

Vote? 🤷‍♀️

Jazakallah from the bottom of my heart for reading ♥️

Allah Hafiz 💕