Episode 15

excuse mistakes

Alexis Taylor-Smith
Age: 24
Houston , Texas

"Mommyyyy." Raelyn cried in my neck.

It's been three days since the fire and Raelyn has literally been crying from sun up to sun down.

She won't even eat unless Ja'Seem feeds her.

Speaking of Ja'Seem he's been very quiet and distant from everything and everybody.

Nyla has been the same way but she's slowly starting to open back up.

As far as Jamari he's been at either the hospital or the trap looking for the people behind all of this.

"We about to go see mommy FatFat." I said trying to put her jacket on.

"JA'SEEM!" I yelled.

"Ma'am?" He mumbled walking into the guest room.

"Can you please put her jacket on and calm her down, we about to go see y'all mama." I sighed.

He nodded his head and walked over to a cranky Raelyn.

"FatFat, you gotta put on your jacket." He said playing with her ear.

"BoBoooo mommy go bye bye." She cried to be picked up.

I quietly watched them interact wiping my tears.

"Mommy is not going bye bye. Please stop saying that." Ja'Seem sniffled.

Ja'Seem said that when Raelyn would say bye bye it meant that Reagan was gone forever and he didn't want to think about it that way.

"Da Daaaa." Raelyn sobbed.

"Can you call my daddy?" Ja'Seem mumbled.

I quickly went to get my phone and dialed Jamari's number.

Getting sent to voicemail made me frown and start to worry.

"He's probably at the hospital, y'all ready?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded.

I watched him pick Raelyn up and play with her ears. I noticed that it calmed her down.

"You want me to get her?" I asked watching him struggle trying to hold her and her bookbag.

"No I got it." He sighed walking out the room.

I jogged to the front of the house and locked up everything.

Khalil and Arielle were at his mom's house so they wouldn't be home until later.

I got in the car and made sure Ja'Seem and Rae was buckled up. I looked to the passenger seat to see Nyla playing with her fingers.

"Remember what I said." I stated lowly.

She glanced at me and nodded her head.

Nyla is thinking that all of this is her fault. She won't even look at Ja'Seem or Raelyn because she feels as if she failed them.

I sighed and started the car heading to the hospital.

—-

"I called you." I mumbled walking into the hospital room where Jamari was.

"My fault, shit dead." He said dryly.

"Hey da." Ja'Seem mumbled walking him and Raelyn over to him.

"Wassup, you okay?" Mari asked.

Ja'Seem nodded his head and put a sleeping Raelyn in his father's arms.