23"

Christmas had come round quickly in the Devaux household and Rosaleé and the girls were all sat on her bed finishing unwrapping their presents in their matching fancy silk pyjamas Cecile had gotten them for Christmas, hair a mess, when a tapping s...

Christmas had come round quickly in the Devaux household and Rosaleé and the girls were all sat on her bed finishing unwrapping their presents in their matching fancy silk pyjamas Cecile had gotten them for Christmas, hair a mess, when a tapping sound caught their attention. The four girls moved over to the sliding door that opened up to her balcony. On the banister a couple of owls were perched patiently. A parcel on ones leg and a letters on the others.
She stepped out into the chilly air, untying the packages from their legs and watched them fly off over the stretching vineyards.

"Someone's popular" Emilie spoke eyeing the packages in Rosaleés hand.

"Who are they from" Ceclie asked with a yawn still sleepy.

"She doesn't know. She hasn't opened it yet genius" Georgine quipped smirking causing Cecile to flip her off.

"No I know exactly who this is from and I'm slightly scared to open it" Rosaleé answered referring to the package.

Deciding to open the letter from the first owl Rosaleé was pleasantly surprised that her dorm mates had written to her. Sure they had become good friends quickly but she didn't except them to write.

Dear Rosa,

Merry Christmas!
We hope you're okay and having a good Christmas at home. It's snowed over here and it's absolutely freezing. Hopefully it's not as cold in France.
We miss you lots and can't wait to see you back at school soon.

Love your favourite Hogwarts girls
Lily, Mary,Alice and Marlene
Xo

P.s Marlene says that you need to bring back a "fit" french boy and a good crusty baguette for her or your getting locked out the dorm.

The three girls peered over Rosaleés shoulder also reading the letter as Rosa smirked in amusement.

"They seem nice" Emilie beamed at her friend, happy that Rosaleé had found her niche at her new school.

"Hmm" Georgine hummed "that Marlene girls sounds sus" she spoke rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"What are you on about?" Cecile laughed "she sounds just like you. That's definitely something you would say"

"Is not"

"Is too"

"Urg, shhh. Too loud" Rosaleé shushed the two bickering girls, still not fully awake and grumpy from being woken up in the early hours of the morning. She stretched picking up the package and tearing it open slowly and cautiously, knowing exactly which people the package was from.

"Expect the unexpected" she warned the girls as they all looked at her with slight worry.

"Should we start running or..." Emilie trailed off