Chapter 9

After Sophie and Sandor's little heart to heart, Sophie decided to walk back to her dorm to take a quick power nap. The baby made her quite sluggish, she was walking down the corridor that led to the elevator when she saw him. Fitz, of course he had to be right in front of the elevator. Hands in his pockets slouching, Sophie stopped mid-step and slowly started to back up hoping he didn't hear her. Instead, she backed up into a table and unfortunately there was a plant on it, it proceeded to fall and crash to the floor. She mentally smacked her forehead as Fitz whipped his body to see what had caused the loud crash.

"Oh. It's you." He started to walk towards her "I've been looking for you, I was just about to go to your dorm." He was about 5 feet away from her when he stopped. "So, you're pregnant?" An angry crease in his forehead had appeared and his accent had gotten stronger, which always happened when he was mad.

"Yea. Looks like it." She mumbled quietly. Shuffling her feet and reaching up to pick at some eyelashes. The habit stayed with her throughout the years.

Fitz clenched his fists as he asked "And Keefe's the dad?" He grumbled.

"Ummmmm, yea." It was no secret that Fitz still liked her, for him he had always liked her and wanted her. He was too controlling, to decisive about things in her life that was for her to choose not him. He just couldn't except the fact that Sophie didn't like that or him anymore, for some reason he couldn't handle her not being with him.

"Why him, why?" His hands were turning white from him clenching them so hard.

Sophie refused to cry, she had a look of disgust on her face "You think I meant to get pregnant? You really think I wanted this?" She was so angry "We were drugged! We had no idea what we were doing, these stupid drunk guys thought it would be fun to drug us. They tried to take me somewhere I can't remember where, but I know it wouldn't have been good. And I'm glad that it was Keefe who took me from them. I'm glad it's his baby and no one else's." She let out a big breath and walked past Fitz to the elevator, she heard him following her.

"Y-you didn't mean that! I know you didn't mean that!" Sophie ignored him and continued to walk towards the elevator "Sophie look at me, turn around. Let's talk." She got to the elevator and thankfully it opened right away. Sandor got in beside her, she turned around and saw Fitz getting very close to the elevator door. Fitz tried to step into the elevator with her, instead he walked into the wall of Sandor, who blocked the entrance. "Sandor, move please." he backed up a step and rubbed his forehead where he walked into Sandor.

"Miss. Foster doesn't want you coming with us in here at the moment." he said firmly giving Fitz the hint not to push him any harder.

"S-Sophie, tell him to move, we should talk." His eyes pleaded with her, but she would resist it.

"I'm sorry Fitz, maybe once you learn to respect people's wishes and to let go of someone when they've told you time and time again that they don't want to be with you, then I might consider talking again." She looked at him in the eyes "Until then, I'm asking Sir. Tiergan to make our classes separate."

Fitz's face turned from frustration into shock "B-but we're cognates!" His voice wobbled a bit "If we don't train or trust each other, we'll never have the title of cognates." His face morphed back into a look of frustration "I've worked so hard to get this far, after this year we could've had the title of cognates. Now because of you, I won't get the title."

Sophie was so pissed she could barely keep her inflicting under control as her vision turned blurry and red. Sophie couldn't believe Fitz was saying that this was all her fault, it always had to me about him and how it would affect him. First the match making scrolls and if she didn't register they would be a bad match, and it would tarnish his reputation, and then when she tried to register, and she was unmatchable Fitz said they'd find her biological parents, when she told him she didn't want to and couldn't, he flipped out. She couldn't believe that she had fallen for him. She took a couple of breaths and opened her eyes again to look at the fuming Fitz "Fitz. I don't know why you don't understand this, but everything is not about you."

"I'm not saying it's just about me, I-" Sophie cut him off.

"Are you sure? Did you hear what you said? Being cognates, you don't have to be besties you just have to trust each other. You can take a break from training, and that is exactly what I'm doing. If we went back tomorrow I can guarantee that we wouldn't connect, because right now I don't trust you or am I feeling any fuzzy and warm feelings for you." She let out a breath "I'm taking a break, until you can respect me. And respect my decisions, and accept that I don't want you like this. You need to review your whole cognates definition and what it means." She pressed her floor button in the elevator and held the doors open a moment longer "Until then, please don't try to come my telepathy lessons." She let the door go "Bye." She watched Fitz's face of shock as the door closed, and she could finally breathe.