ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN!
- happy halloween

'the zombies were having fun
the party had just begun'

"I'm a pirate!" Florence exclaimed to the three other Hufflepuff's. The four girls were lounging around in their dorm room getting their costumes ready to go down for the Halloween feast one of the most anticipated feasts of the year.

"The fake sword and the hat gave it away, Flo." Maria told the blonde girl who was adjusting her pirate hat in the mirror.

"Oh, I guess so. But I look hot right?"
Florence asked, spinning around to face the others and show off her outfit. She was wearing a white shirt that came down to her thighs with a belt tied around her waist, black boots and of course the pirates hat.

"I wonder what everyone else will go as. I do hope more people show up in costumes this year, last year was such a let down." Angela declared. This year she was doing a joint costume with Deanna, Angela was going to be an angel and Deanna a devil (definitely not because of their names though).

"I'm just glad we've been invited to the Marauder's Halloween party, personally as well." Maria winked over at Florence. When she had come to the girls with the news that they had been invited to the Marauders Halloween party, courtesy of James, they had been so excited, (and wouldn't stop teasing Florence about it).

"Thanks for that Flo. If James Potter didn't have a massive crush on you, then we'd be going to the Hufflepuff Halloween party thrown by Jonathan Harris, the most boring person in existence."

"Don't thank me, and James does not have a crush on me, he asked me as a friend." If Florence got a galleon for the amount of times the girls had brought that up today, she'd be incredibly rich and wouldn't have to work a day in her life.

"Now that Flo's in with the Marauders, do you think we'll be exempt from whatever prank they're planning today?" Maria asked the group, last year everyone was unfortunate enough to be pranked the Marauders charmed pumpkins to get stuck on everyone's head, even the teachers!

"I doubt it, you know what they're like." Deanna replied. Almost everyone in Hogwarts knew what the Marauder's were like.

The four girls, all in costume, headed down to the Great Hall. The corridors were decorated, like they were every year; cobwebs were placed in the corners, the suits of armour were charmed to say happy halloween to whoever passed by, the ghosts were trying to scare people, and even the portraits were in the halloween spirit.

The Great Hall was even more spectacular; pumpkins were carved into lanterns which lit up the hall, live bats flew around the tables, dancing and singing skeletons with top hats were placed at the back of the hall and each table had skull themed cutlery. Florence absolutely loved halloween, although it wasn't her favourite holiday that was obviously taken by Christmas.

The hall was already filled with students, most in costumes, enjoying the feast. The tables were ladened with confectionery-filled pumpkins, apples, black cauldrons of big lollipops, carrot cake, goblets of coloured sweets, pumpkin juice and many delicious treats.

The four girls sat in their usual spot at the Hufflepuff table, immediately digging in to the food laid out in front of them. "I can't believe this is our last Halloween feast here."