❁ 12 ❁

The day after the sports festival, something changed.

Before class began, Tulip, Iris, and I were chatting amongst ourselves as usual. But from the corner of my eye, I saw that Angel was surrounded by a few girls. This wasn't abnormal—girls usually always surrounded him. However, I could hear them making a ruckus.

It was no secret that they all would've been extremely concerned after yesterday's events. After all, the girl who had pushed Angel was part of their friend group. They all exclaimed how awful they felt about the whole situation, but it all came off as so fake.

I could tell he was bothered by this. Assuming that he had had enough of their petty concern, he swiftly stood up from his seat. The classroom went silent. Angel calmly made his way to the back of the room, where the three of us were, and sat down with us.

"You're Iris and Tulip, correct?" He smiled.

The two of them, with their mouths agape, looked at one another as if to say: is this actually happening? They both smiled and nodded, immediately conversing with Angel. I couldn't help but smile as well. He had taken my advice after all. All of the other girls just gave us dirty looks but I paid no mind to them.

During lunch, I introduced him to Poppy, who nearly fainted just by being in the same room as him. I made the assumption that she might just see Angel as some sort of idol.

Nevertheless, it seemed as though we had established a new friend group. Never in a billion years would I have thought of Angel as my friend. Slowly but surely, he was growing on me.

°°°

As I was on my way to the biology club, I came upon the bulletin board of school events located in one of the many hallways. Aloud I read, "The Academy presents... prestigious musician... concert of Angel Lunacrest."

I stopped at his name. He was having his own concert. I remembered someone had mentioned that Angel played the violin, but why hadn't I heard of this performance?

Angel obviously wasn't someone who would tell me anything that went on in his day-to-day life, but still, I considered us friends. No one had brought it up either. I wasn't sure why I was so fixated on this. Just something about getting to see him play in a professional setting was awe-inspiring. That much I would admit.

I paid little to no attention to what had gone on in the club meeting. Iris and Tulip would fill me in on the details later, anyway.

When I got back to my room, I found it empty. Angel was more than likely practicing his violin. I wondered what his sound was like. For some strange reason, I couldn't seem to get him out of my head lately. It wasn't like how I previously felt—despising him with every fiber of my being—it was rather a feeling of curiosity. Instead of remaining unfocused, I decided to distract myself with homework.

A few hours had gone by when suddenly the door opened. I turned around and watched as Angel closed the door behind him. My eyes continued to trail his every move until he took an exhausted sigh.

"Why do you continue to stare at me like that?"

Me and my idiotic tendencies.

I stuttered, "Uh- I-I just wanted to ask you about the concert you're performing."

He raised an eyebrow in interest. "How do you even know about that?"