Chapter XXXVIII

She hurriedly wiped her tears as she rushed to answer the call. She felt lucky that she had to wear glasses because no-one can see her puffy red eyes and the unshed tears.

"Your schedule cleared up pretty soo- Min Yoongi?" She was stunned to see the rapper on the screen but recollecting her reaction and schooling her emotions, "Where is Joon? He didn't say anything about any of you guys wanting to talk to me..."

"Hello miss. You already know my name and I know yours-"

"It's alright. I- I can speak korean." She answered suddenly to smooth out the conversation.

Yoongi seemed surprised but he nodded in understanding, "I don't know much about your connections. We've been pestering him for days to let us meet you but he was adamant. I'm here not as his fellow bandmate or a friend. I'm here as a person who cares about him and who's been with him for years to know that something is bothering him. So tell me miss, is something bothering you too? You'd know something since you guys are connected."

She chuckled awkwardly, "N-no I think I'd know too. He didn't tell me anything-" she stopped mid sentence realising the slip-up. She's stuttering like an amateur, she's better than this. She can lie like she breathes. She can lie now too. "He didn't tell me anything. I think it's just stress."

She thought she lied flawlessly but she forgot that the person she's talking to wasn't Namjoon but Yoongi, who studied psychology.

Before Yoongi could ask her anything else, "Anya? Hyung?" Namjoon said as he saw the two.

"Namjoon-ah-"

"I called you and you weren't here but Yoongi-ssi was, so we decided to get to know each other. You didn't tell me that everyone wanted to talk to me. You should've told me Joonie. They'd think that I'm too rude not to have greet them yet."

She noticed how Yoongi's eyes widened a bit at her blatant lie and she also noticed the blush creeping on Joon's face because of the nickname.

She's gonna have a tough time to unweave this situation she had brought upon herself but if she's going to lie to Namjoon, there should be someone who can heal him. Yoongi is the best choice to share this secret with.

"I'll get everyone else here too then. They'll be ecstatic to finally meet you." Saying that Namjoon shyly exited the room.

When Yoongi turned to face her again she immediately blurted out about the time loop.

"Joon wasn't the only one who was stuck in the timeloop." Her hesitance and how uncomfortable she looks while speaking about it made Yoongi a bit wary.

"Yeah I understand you were too-" He started but she interrupted him in a haste.

"No! No... He only remembered his turn with the timeloops... It was me. Why do think that I can suddenly speak Korean? I was the first one to go."