Moments

Sree

I woke up in the morning. Yesterday's images flashed in my mind, the rain, Vikram, the hospital.
"He had carried me!" I blushed. He was drenched in the rain, water dripping from his hair, he looked..

"What are you thinking Sree, he is a mad man you hate him", I scolded myself. I slept the whole day. I had to go to office tomorrow..

The next day when I reached my desk, I wondered if it would be awkward to see Vikram.
I had to return the hospital fees he paid for me. I can't let him pay for me. Who knew, he might even take this as a chance to tell me that I took his money.

"I want to meet sir", I told the receptionist. She looked at me irritated.

"Sir is busy ma'am, wait please", she told. I went and took my laptop to work and worked on it while waiting. After half an hour, the receptionist told me I could enter.
When I entered, Vikram looked at me. " "How are you? ", he asked.

" Fine, I just wanted to return the hospital fees ", I told and took out a bunch of notes and kept it on his table. "

"What is this! ", he told staring at the notes as if he had never seen money before.
" Money.. You paid",

" I never asked you to return the fees", he said.

" I had to, it was my treatment, why should you have to pay for it ", I asked. "

"Sree are you trying to insult me again, by giving money, I don't understand why you have to give it back when I tell you I don't want it ", he said.

I do something good and he stills takes it wrong doesn't he.

" No sir, I'm definitely not insulting you, but perhaps preventing myself from being insulted. You mean nothing to me, so your money meant nothing to me and I'm doing the right thing. Throw it in the dustbin, do whatever you want, I'm leaving",
I told and left the room without looking back.

I called priya and spoke to her.
"Any news? ", I asked.
" No Sree nothing as of now", she had said.
I had asked priya to see if she could find out anything, if Malini really sabotaged my work and the reason she did so. I needed to find it out. For myself.

Then I had a talk with Deepa. I informed her all about what had happened till now in my previous company and what happened yesterday.

"Wow Sree , that's so great, chemistry with the boss huh", she told.

"Deepa, I hate him. I'll never forget what to accused me and what he did, he is very arrogant", I said. Deepa smiled.

" What are you girls talking about? ", asked Sanjay coming over to us.

"Nothing, girl secrets", I told him

"I want to hear secrets too", he looked at me expecting me to tell
I did't reply.

"By the way, talking about secrets the Vikram fan girls, they were killing my head talking nonsense, apparently they were going to see which one of them would be wearing the same color attire as Vikram tomorrow. ", he laughed.

" Ew they seem so obsessed ", I said. "

"Yah,,.. So..shall we go for coffee it's time", he asked

"Ya it's break time right, let's go come on Deepa", I got up and we left for coffee.

We walked back to our place after the break. I didn't see who was walking in front and slammed into something hard, someone's chest, a man with suit,.. I almost lost my balance, he had held my arm and helped me  to get steady.