Chapter 56

Alexis' POV

                         "He's really letting you do that?!" Luna asks, surprised.

       I look down at the basilisk fang in my hang. "He didn't seem to have a problem with it, why?"

           "It's just that," She mutters. "He's weird about that stuff, always wants to do everything himself."

          I laugh to myself and nod in agreement. Although Harry and I have never gotten along, I do admire his independence.

           In my peripheral vision, I notice a crowd of death eaters headed in our direction. I don't feel the need to worry until I realize that they're all staring right at me.

                               "Uh, Lex...." Abbie says while walking up to us.

        The closer they get the more I start to panic. Why would they be coming for me specifically? Do they know that I'm trying to destroy another horcrux? If they do, who would've told them?

                          "I need to get up to the seventh floor." I tell the girls.

      Abbie and Luna exchange worried expressions, but then a layer of bravery covers them.

                                   "What do you need us to do?"

          I look over Luna's shoulder and see Lisa standing tall. Slowly, the rest of the girls join at her side. Seeing all of their faces together in a circle again makes dozens of memories come back.

           They all wait patiently for a response from me. I glance at the death eaters, then over at the stairs.

            "Do you think you can hold them off?"

                            "Oh bollocks, Lex." Paige huffs. "Go, we've got this."

          I take a moment to smile at each of the girls individually, just in case, then start running towards the stairs. I hear the death eaters behind me but none of them get close enough to make me nervous.

        I make it to the seventh floor easily, and make a quick turn into the corridor with the Room of Requirement.

          Every time I come in here I forget how large it is. It's been about a year since I saw that crown in here but hopefully I can find it, and destroy it fast.

         When I spot the vanishing cabinet I know I'm getting close. Seeing that object for the first time in months made me feel sick. The only good memory is New Years with Draco, but that quickly turns sour because I have no clue where he is right now.

        Honestly, knowing that the girls are willing to help me right now has given me the little bit of hope I need. Before that I wasn't sure if I could go into this war without Draco, and without my father; without anyone.

          I walk past multiple stacks of tables and chairs until a glimmer of light shines in my eye and stops me. I turn my head almost completely backwards and look down at the small brown box placed perfectly on top of a table.

                          "There you are." I say under my breath.

         The second those words come out of my mouth a loud pounding follows after. Looking through the piles of junk I see that the entrance of the Room of Requirement now has a hole in the center.

        When I stare at it for a bit longer, the banging continues and the hole gets bigger.

      I squint my eyes to get a better look and see someone looking right back at me.

                                      Voldemort.

          With Bellatrix Lestrange and two death eaters at his side, he continues to break the walls down. I feel my eyes grow big with disbelief. Hundreds of thoughts come to mind; How did they know I was in here? Are the girls okay?

                     Did he kill them?

         A third blast hits the wall and completely knocks it to the ground. Voldemort and Bellatrix start racing in my direction excitedly.

          Quickly, I pick up the diadem from the wooden box and check to make sure the fang is still in my possession. Thankfully, I feel it in my pocket.

         Right as I raise my hand to destroy the horcrux, I feel an aggressive tug on my hair which makes me drop the objects and fall backwards. 

                             "Long time no see!" Bellatrix hisses in my ear.

         She expects a snotty response but instead I kick one of my legs back into her gut, causing her to let go of my hair. I fall forward but catch myself and instantly start looking around for the fang and diadem.

             To my left, I see the fang. To the right, the crown.

                       Bloody hell.

          Bellatrix gets back up from the floor and I hear her footsteps behind me as I start for each object. I reach for the fang and grab it just as the two death eaters are about to.

                       "You idiots!" Bella snaps.

            Now with the two death eaters and Lestrange behind me, I run full speed at the horcrux. Even though I'm focused on the crown I can see Voldemort standing directly in front of me with a smirk on his face.

          Seeing that expression makes me angrier than ever because I know he truly believes he cannot be defeated.

           I'm only feet away from the horcrux but I feel the three people behind me getting closer. As badly as I want to, It's impossible for me to destroy the crown and get out of here. Out of the two options, one of them is more important.

          Bellatrix's hand tries to grab onto my hair once again but I slide on the ground, directly to the horcrux.

         Immediately when I approach it, I raise the fang, and stab it into the center of the blue jewel. Voldemort and I make eye contact in the process and I give him a smile.

          Black smoke explodes out of the crown and into the air, causing me to lose vision. I hear Bellatrix shouting awful words my way and The Dark Lord screaming in pain. Even though I can't see and I know this isn't going to end well, I know I did what I needed to do.

                 And now we're one step closer.

        When the smoke clears, instantly I feel hands grabbing both sides of my body and picking me up from the ground. I try to pull away but the grip the death eaters have on my arms is so tight it's impossible.

                      "Get the fuck off of me!" I spit.

           The Dark Lord walks towards me with an angry expression. I can tell he's trying to scare me but I know he's weak. He gets right in my face and I feel his hot breath on my skin.

             "Alexis Snape," He says. "How dare you betray me after everything your father did to protect you."

       The mention of my dad makes my stomach twist.

                           "Now, where is Draco Malfoy?"