chapter twenty-four

I stood on the top of the stairs, holding onto the railing for support. My heart was racing.

I knew that I was going to see Tommy while I was staying with my cousin, but I didn't think that it would have been so soon.

Tommy was still as tall as he was before, although his hair seemed to be a little more fluffy. His eyes were still that beautiful icy blue that made me think of the ocean.

Gosh, I long have I been standing here looking like an idiot? I thought.

"Well Tommy, I actually didn't know she was coming back either. She just showed up and the house alarm went off. You remember when that happened at Wilbur's house," Toby said.

"Yeah, I remember Tubbo. I was there," He replied bluntly.

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot that. Well I was just about to give Cam a tour of the neighborhood, if you'd like to come with us," Toby suggested.

"I'm fine with coming with, but is the woman alright with it?" He asked, looking directly at me.

"Yes, the "woman" is fine with you coming with. But I don't want to be called woman anymore," I said sharply, walking past the boy and out of the door.

They both followed relative quickly, not wanting to be left behind.

"So Cam, how long are you staying this time?" Tommy asked, walking slightly behind me.

"I'm going to be here forever, unless I decided to move. My father's job moved across the ocean, so I'm here for now," I replied, watching my feet as I walked.

He nodded his head.

"Don't you live four hours away from here?" I questioned, stopping to look at the boy.

"Well yes, but during the summertime, Tubbo and I spend the week at our parents houses, alternating different weeks," He responded quickly.

"Great, now I have to deal with you this whole week," I complained, rolling my eyes.

"Cam, don't act like you don't like Tubbo or me. We can get along with other people very easily," Tommy joked, a snicker escaping his mouth.

"Oh yeah, and I like to stream minecraft," I said throwing my hands up in the air.

I felt furious with the boy. I wanted to yell, even scream at him. But that would only make the problem much worse.

I looked at Tommy, immediately making eye contact, I threw a look of utter disgust towards him.

Sensing the awkward silence after what I had just said Toby blurted out, "Um, so Cam this is the park and down that road is the ocean. Very nice this time of the year. The waves are beautiful. And in that house right there, that's Mrs. Wheeler, she has bees in her back yard. They aew quite cute, but they also like to sting people."

"Toby we know you have an obsession with bees and anything to do with them," I muttered.

"What? They're cute and have fuzzy legs," He stated, a small smile appearing on his face.

Another pause of awkward silence.

I finally decided that I should break it.

"Tommy I don't want you to be one of my enemies. It wouldn't work out that well because I am going to see you every day for almost a week. I'm sorry for mocking you," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say Cam?" He taunted.

"Dear TommyInnit, I said that I was sorry for making fun of you and your minecraft loving personality," I said in a terrible British accent.

"You know, I might not accept your apology because of how terrible your interpretation of our accent was," He replied, a goofy smile appearing on his face.

"Oh no, Tommy won't forgive me because I suck at talking like an English person. At least I can say aluminum correctly," I boasted.

Tommy and Toby both rolled their eyes.

The rest of the walk wasn't terrible. But I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would've.

When we got back to the house, my father was no where to be seen.

I saw my aunt standing in the kitchen, pulling a cake out of the oven.

"Do you know where my father went? I needed to ask him something," I said sitting down on one of the bar stools.

"Cam darling, he went to his office to get his things organized. He said that he would be back by seven on the dot tonight," My aunt replied.

Although I wanted to belive what my aunt told me, I knew he wouldn't be back by then. He would always tell me that same exact thing.

He never came back until seven the next morning.

I told my aunt that I was feeling tried and headed up to my bed. Normally, I didn't actually fall asleep,  but for some odd reason tonight I did.

Word Count~ 816

A/N: okay wow, thank you all for 30k reads. I am having trouble comprehending this all. The love and support has been wonderful!