Chapter Twenty-Four: Black Is Poetic As Hell

I smiled to myself when the cool breeze hit my body. After nearly three weeks in that damned hospital, I was just glad to get out. Greyson's large hand gripped mine, and to be honest I liked it a lot more than usual.

I think part of it was the comfort it had brought me. Without me wolf, I felt as if a large part of me was missing. The part that brought me happiness was no longer there. I only had Greyson, now. He was the only person to bring me real happiness when I felt like there was no happiness left. Even if I did try to push him away, he wouldn't let me.

"You okay?" Greyson asked as he watched me slowly limp by his side as we headed to his car.

"Yes." I said half heartedly. My arm was kind of sore and the cast on it made it itchy. My leg was also in pain, but not as bad. I had just pulled it slightly it the crash and I had managed to fall earllier in the week and strain it even more.

Greyson didn't reply and helped me into the car. I had a slight issue squeezing my cast into the tight space, but managed.

"You all good?" He asked quickly. I nodded and then he swiftly planted a quick kiss on my lips. "Good." And then he shut the door.

The ride home was quiet until he ruined it.

"I have to leave, again." He said simply. I felt my heart rate quicken at the thought of him being gone again.

"Going to find my grandparents now?" I muttered as I traced patterns on the foggy window with my finger.

"Hey, no. This is serious. A friend of mine needs some help with a rogue problem. Nothing to major, but he's been there for me when I need him, so I owe him." I didn't say anything. I didn't want to argue with him on it. It's his choice, so I just chose not to answer.

His hand crept its way onto my thigh and his thumb massaged circles on it.

"I want you to come with me, babe." My eyebrows furrowed at what he had said. Go with him? Right now?

"But Ashton-"

"I talked to Karissa and she thinks it a great idea." He said smoothly. Bastard. I turned to face him, but he kept his gaze on the road.

"Karissa doesn't know what the hell is happening right now, though." I snapped back as I glared at the side of his head. Greyson huffed and looked at me briefly before taking my hand in his and focusing on the road once again.

"He's not going to do that Karissa. And if he were, he'd want you there. He would want you to feel like it were your fault." I bit the inside of my bottom lip and felt anger grow inside of me.

"If I leave and something happens to her, it will be my fault, Greyson! I wouldn't have been here to protect her!" I yelled back at him. His head quickly turned to look at me with a scowl.

"Enough shouting, Alex. You sound like a child." He said lowly in a serious tone. A shiver ran down in my spine instantly. I was not a child.

"Maybe if you'd just realize that not everything you say is right once in a while, I wouldn't always be shouting!" I fired back. I low growl escaped his lips as his grip on my hand tightened.

"Don't you get that maybe Ashton doesn't want you helping him, Alex! He has his own mate to worry about, and I have mine. Ashton just wants to be left alone!" He shouted back at me. I was taken back by his yelling, but that just fueled my fire.

"Nobody just wants to be alone, Greyson. No one. As much as they say they do, they don't because deep down we are all human and we all crave that attention we get from another person. We crave that spark of hope it gives us." I shot back, but didn't yelled. I didn't scream. No. It came out almost a whisper. I remember the weeks of running alone thinking to myself that I wanted to be alone; that I needed to be alone, but deep down I just wanted someone to hold me and tell me everything was alright. Finding Karissa saved me.

"We need to protect him. We need to protect both of them." I stated firmly.

"And what if this is all one big hoax? What if he is really using your love for your brother and bestfriend to get you off guard and then take you away? Away from me." His tone was so many things combined. Sadness, anger, disappointment, fear. I couldn't believe I was doing this.

"Fine. I'll go. When do we leave?" My hasty words brought a smile to his face which almost put one on mine. I was still kinda pissed, though.

"It was supposed to be on Wednesday, but since you're coming now we can wait until next week. I wouldn't want you to stress out after being in the hospital for so long and everything and then leave the next day." I nodded understandingly. I actually just wanted to go home, eat actual food, and then go to sleep with my mate.

Gladly, we made it home shortly after discussing the plans for our trip. I was still very concious about it all. Greyson made sure to asure me that Tyler and his father would be here for the time being that were were gone, so if anything did happen then the pack would be in good hands. Hopefully...

Once the car parked and we finally could enter the pack house, everyone was there. But, the one person I noticed was Riley who was holding white roses in his hands.I smiled and walked over to him. I kneeled down and took the flowers from him.

"We couldn't find no black ones. Bubba said black's your favorite color." He smiled as I smelled them. This kid. People think black is so sad. Black is poetic. It's just too deep for some people. I kissed the top of his forehead and then said a quick thank you. I stood up and before I knew what was happening, I was crushed into someone. That same someone who just happened to make me happy when I should be pissed as fuck.

"Let's go to bed." He said lowly as his face was buried in the crook of my neck. I realized earlier that it was dark outside, but I was hoping I could atleast get something to eat first. I guess that was out of the question though because my legs already started making their way up the stairs to Greyson's room.

Entering his room brought me a whole new sense of comfort. I smiled to myself, but it probably looked more evil than anything. I made my way over to the bed not even bothering to change out of Greyson's shirt that he had given me at the hospital.

Instantly, Greyson's arms wound themselves around my curvy body and I drifted asleep. I just hope that I don't end up kicking Greyson off of the bed, again.

_________

Well hello there ;)

Generally excited for the next chapters. Things get interesting and the characters are actually you are going to want to remember. MUAHAHAH

Oh yeah. I'm already thinking about making another werewolf book... I have ideas but they aren't all put together yet. Ideas on it?

So how was this? I had no idea why I wrote this chapter today , but i was just like LETS DO THIS.

OH new cover...anyone notice it? yeah...trying something new..and i changed the story info thing so yeah! lol

I am on this like following spree thing where if I can carry on a convo with you then i follow you. i dont even know..

Opinions on this chapter (feel like they are all gonna be about Riley)?

alrighty. Stay awesome Gotham.

Def. not edited lol.