Reconciliation

Mamoru: So? What now?

Subaru:....Before we talk about "that" loop....What did you do just now?

Mamoru: I simply released Beako from her contract.

Subaru:...You....You lied to her?

Mamoru: Huh? What do you mean by that?

Subaru: You told her that your "that person" didn't you?

Mamoru: How is that a lie?

Subaru: Echidna said so herself! Beatrice was supposed to be the one to choose!!

At this point, Subaru started yelling a bit.

Mamoru: Beatrice wasn't aware of that! Do you really want to keep her locked up in that stinky library?!

Subaru: I could have made her choose me after i gained her tru-

Mamoru: No, you couldn't.

Subaru: Huh?!

Mamoru: Beatrice was stuck in a library for 400 years. Do you really believe that she would just abandon the library without fullfiling the contract?

Subaru: Well....

Mamoru: Although....I do kind of get where your coming from....After all, "that person" doesn't exist until Beatrice choses one.

Subaru: That's right, so-

Mamoru: So since she chose me, doesn't that make me "that person"?

Subaru: Uh...Did you just ignore the first part of the argument?

Mamoru: Well, what's done is done. We can't reverse it.

Subaru:....Well, we can but-

Mamoru: But we're not using that option.

Subaru: I know, i know.

Mamoru: Good.

...............

Subaru:....So....About the last loop.

When Subaru said that, Mamoru looked away almost instantly.

Mamoru: Y-yea?

Subaru:....I thought about it while you were sleeping....and....i want to know.

Mamoru:.....

Subaru: The reason you...."took care" of the others....was because you wanted to protect me, didn't you?

Mamoru: Well, of course.

Subaru:...I knew it.

Mamoru:....?

Subaru: You really are like those Witches.

Mamoru: Huh?

Subaru: You intend to do something good....But you don't go about it the right way....Though, in your case. It's a bit more extreme....

Mamoru:...I....I still don't get it.....

Even though some time passed and people tried explaining it to him. He never understood why what he did was wrong.

He saw this world through his Father's memories and he saw it as nothing more than "Survival of the Fittest" after all, people keep dying to the Witchcult or the Mabeasts, but the country refuses to send Reinhardt to take care of them. Because their scared of his power. It's ridiculous.

Subaru: I see....Mamoru?

Mamoru: Yea...?

Subaru: I need you to promise me something.