Chapter 67

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʙᴀsʜᴀʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"You sure you ready for this?" Dread asked as he played with Lai.

I nodded, "For the 50th time I am," I said with a chuckle, "I been ready."

It's the beginning of December and Lauryn and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week and then we have Bray's birthday.

Then hers.

It's been a couple months since Lai got here and she was feeling a lot better, we were doing a lot better.

At first I was thinking Lai was going to break us I ain't gone lie, we were going through it.

But now I feel like she's brought us a lot closer.

Which is why I feel like it's the perfect time for me to do this.

I know I'm young and shit but the way life is, I don't want to waste no more time with her just as my girlfriend.

I know people usually date for like 5 years then get married or whatever but we not a traditional couple, we already have a 2 month old baby together on top of us having an almost 1 year old in only 2 years.

"Look as long as you sure, you'd know more than anyone but I can tell she's the one. This nigga ain't never even considered marriage til her, got him wearing turtle necks on the regular and doing face masks." Mike said making us all laugh.

"A nigga can't take care of his face?" I asked in between laughs.

Dread shrugged, "You can it's just you wasn't before. She good for you though real talk we love our sister, we done seen the growth in you.

Shit, me too.

Overall I just know I've changed for the better as a man.

You know the difference I've seen in drying my face with a paper towel than a face towel?

How much better I've gotten with my money?

She ain't even just teach me how to love but I love myself more.

Shit is mad wild but that's how I know she the one, I can't even begin to name the reasons why.

"Man I need to get me a lil treesh and settle down." Dread smacked his lips while playing with Lai still, "I don't trust em though, I just need my mini Woo and I'm good."