𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

FRAGILE, WEAK, AND BRUISED. Those were the three words that described Aeryn Mavek's condition the most.

She was no longer aware of how many hours nor days have passed ever since she surrendered to the Empire. Heck, she no longer even know whether or not it has been days or hours. She just stood there, staring out into nowhere.

The voice she heard right before the last time she slept...yes, she was groggy and possibly drugged but she was certain she heard Din's voice. That was Din Djarin who called for her. It was his very warm and familiar voice.

How could she even be mistaken?

Din Djarin's voice was something she could never mishear. His voice was too familiar and felt like home for her not to recognize it. Most importantly, she longed to hear his voice one more time.

The violet-eyed girl was back to wearing the light gray Imperial uniform Moff Gideon handed her when she first came here. She had some difficulty wearing it by herself but still, she managed.

It was not easy to spend your day lying on a bed; unaware of what was going on around you nor what is it that they were doing with your body. All Aeryn knew was they were taking her blood instead of the child's and that, for her, was definitely alright.

Aeryn wanted for the child to stay safe so, as long as they were taking her blood out of her like leeches; she felt contented. It only meant that they haven't yet captured the child.

That was enough for Aeryn.

She would rather go through all this suffering than have the child experience it.

"Hey, you're not checking the boxes." Murphy, a fellow officer, snapped Aeryn out of her trance.

"Oh, sorry."

One by one, Aeryn checked the boxes of the Dark Troopers' mechanical maintenance paper. So far, this has only been the job given to her.

Moff Gideon almost made sure that her job will be something not requiring too much labor considering what Doctor Pershing told him. A blood supplier should not be too worked out. Though they were following certain measures, Aeryn's body had already began deteriorating.

"Our job might not be that heavy but it's still important, Mavek." Murphy grunted as he checked the wirings of the Dark Troopers. "It's still important."

"Yes, Murphy, yes. You always say that."

Marz Murphy was a colleague of Aeryn. Though he was mean at times, she was the only person Aeryn could actually bear to last an hour with.

Murphy had bright blue eyes, neat dark hair, and quite a tall figure. He had also been working on mostly mechanical repairs ever since he first sevred the Empire. He was good at it and the Empire needed it.

"What have you been up to nowadays, anyway? You don't look like you're doing well." Murphy asked as he continued checking the droids.

Aeryn first hesitated whtehr or not to tell the truth but she figured that she should probably lie. If Murphy knew she had connections, there's a good chance he might freak out.

"I haven't been able to sleep that much, I guess."

"Oh?" he turned to glance at Aeryn for a moment. "Why is that? Have all the innocent lives you killed finally haunted you?"