66

George took a shuddering breath as he curled up into a tighter ball on his bed, tears refusing to stop streaming down his face.

He clung tightly to Dream's mask, shaking.

" H-H-He's been gone for almost 3 nights now. " He whimpered to himself.

A quiet knock echoed on his door and he stiffened quickly wiping at his eyes and trying to straighten out his hair. He'd been forcing himself to appear unbothered or unworried around Sapnap and Eret, hoping it would give them any comfort at all.

He slowly opened the door, still clinging to the mask.

" George? You hanging in there, buddy? " Sapnap asked softly as George stepped to the side. He walked in hesitantly and sat on the bed, George joined him hastily.

" Yup. Just trying to figure out where he might be. " He replied, cursing silently at himself for the waver in his voice. Sapnap's eyes softened as he looked the brunette in the eyes.

" George. " He said with a frown.

" That's my name. " He chuckled dryly, averting his gaze.

" It's okay that you've been crying, Eret and I want to be there for you, how are we supposed to know how you're really handling this if you try to hide it? " He scolded gently. George looked down, gently tugging at the straps as tears blurred his vision again and he sniffled.

" I'm scared Sapnap... What if he's hurt. What if he got kidnapped again and they're hurting him and we've sat here and done nothing. So many things could've gone wrong and he ran out there being a wanted entity! " George ranted. Sapnap pulled him into a hug and broke down into weak sobs again, his eyes burning and barely able to keep themselves open from how much he'd been crying. His whimpers dulled into soft breaths and Sapnap realized he was asleep.

He slowly laid him down and pulled the blanket over him with a gentle look of pity. Eret peeked past the door. A frown adorned his features.

" Poor guy is emotionally exhausted. I'm glad he's finally asleep. " He said, startling Sapnap.

He looked over at the fallen angel, and then to his best friend again before nodding.

He quietly ushered Eret away from the door and walked out himself, closing it carefully behind him.

" He's generally exhausted. Dream had been telling him about these nightmares and hallucinations he'd been having and for him to abruptly leave over them really freaked him out. I don't think he knows how to deal with it. " Sapnap murmured, running a hand through his black hair.

Eret nodded and wandered into the kitchen, sighing softly. " We need to go shopping again. " he reminded Sapnap. " But yeah. Dream seemed to really be spiraling downward. I hope he's okay. Who knows how badly those hallucinations are messing with him. " Eret remarked empathetically, shuffling through cabinets for spices.

" I wonder what caused them. " Sapnap voiced his thoughts by accident as he set the table.

" Probably whatever the hell they injected him with in the testing facility. " Eret said bluntly, Sapnap looked up with a puzzled expression.

" Why would it take effect so much later, then? " He asked as he filled up a cup of water.

" Some shit they used on me didn't take effect for several months. It really hasn't been all that long since he was rescued, you know? It's just that a lot has happened since then. In a really short amount of time. The nightmares and hallucinations may also be a result from that and stress. There wasn't a lot we could do. We can't take him to a hospital or anything, but I wouldn't want to have to lock him up in a room or something. That's no better than being trapped in that facility, because then he's forced to look at all those horrible things his mind comes up with. " Eret explained. Sapnap blinked, trying to process the large amount of information before nodding.

" That makes sense. I feel bad for him. From what I heard, he sees a lot of blood and gore stuff. Lots of tough decisions in his nightmares too. " Eret hummed in agreement. He set the pan down on the stove. " How about we just do Grilled Cheese tonight? I don't think George is going to be very hungry. Especially after crying his eyes out. He's probably going to be too drowsy to stay down here long. " He suggested.

" Sounds good. " Sapnap said as he grabbed the bread, butter, and cheese, handing it to Eret.

' Poor George doesn't deserve everything he's been forced to face. ' Sapnap thought with a frown as he watched Eret cook, glancing back at the stairs.

Comfortable silence fell over the pair and Sapnap glanced down at his phone. It had been hard to act happy during streams. The stress had really been taking a toll on him. Such an odd situation he was in too. He never would've thought he'd see George again. Especially not like this.

He opened Twitter, frowning as he read over a couple posts. Some of them were still threatening Sapnap over telling the authorities where Dream was. " God I wish I knew. " He said to himself as he glared at each comment.

Others were concerned ones, asking if he was okay, or that he seemed off and if he needed a break to take one. He was glad people cared, but he didn't want to have to take a break.

" Food's done. " Eret announced as he placed a sandwich on each plate. Sapnap turned to the stairs.

" Should I wake George up? " He asked with uncertainty. Eret seemed to way his options before nodding.

" He hasn't eaten much in the past couple of days. I think we should try to get him to eat something, even if that means waking him up. " Eret said. Sapnap wasn't sure how much he agreed, but he nodded and left for upstairs, knocking gently on the door and opening it to peer into the dim room.

George's halo faintly glowed, but even that seemed dimmer than usual.

He frowned and shook the brunette awake. " Food. " He said.

George groaned as he sat up, smoothing out his ruffled bed head before drowsily standing and trailing after Sapnap, his blanket wrapped tightly over his shoulders.

He sat down at the table, resting his cheek on his palm and picking at the grilled cheese.

" How're you feeling? " Eret asked. George grimaced.

" I've been better. " He answered shortly.

The group sighed quietly. The table was almost too quiet without their blonde friend.

Sad Gogy noises 

Here's the George chapter y'all wanted. 

I might have a lot of work tomorrow since it's the first day back in school. ( after break. ) 

I'll do my best to get a chapter out, but idk if I'll be able to. 

Do y'all want a continuing George chapter, or do y'all want to go back to Drog? If it ties I have a plan tho. 

Or do you just want the result for if it ties lmao. 

Thank you all so much for over 60k reads! That is insane!

So uh. That's it. Ahaha 

Love y'all!!!

Moony <3