Don't Feel Different

"Arthur," Molly knocked on her brother's bedroom door.

"What?" He carefully stacked a small wooden block colored to look like stone on the several others that looked the same. He was making a model of their home.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Why?" He groaned.

"Just... can we?" She asked.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes. She walked into his room and he put his hand up. "Shoes off."

She rolled her eyes. "You're the tidiest 9-year-old boy I've ever met."

"And you're the most annoying 13-year-old girl I've ever met," he replied and went back to his project. "Also, I'm not tidy. It's a disorder. Didn't you read the pamphlet?"

"Whatever, you're compulsively obsessive," she rolled her eyes.

"Great, you can read," he glued another brick to the structure. "I think Mum was starting to worry."

"God, this was so stupid," she rolled her eyes and stood up. "The one time I try and have a heart-to-heart with you... and you just have to be a little arsehole."

"That's me," he replied. She rose her wand to cast a spell when Arthur chuckled. "No magic outside of school."

Molly groaned. "I hate you."

She walked out of the room. "Don't forget your shoes!"

She stomped back into his room, grabbed her shoes, and slammed the door.

***

"I'm the hairdresser and you're my customer," Violet explained and sat Molly down on the small hairdressing chair. "You're so much easier than Harry... her hair is very curly."

"It is, isn't it?" Molly smiled. "... um Vi?"

"Yeah?" She asked as she pretended to blow dry Molly's hair.

"I'm gay," Molly said.

"That's nice, what color hair band do you want?" Violet asked.

"Violet," Molly turned around. "I'm gay... That means I want to date girls."

"I know what it means," Violet smiled. "What color hair band do you want?"

Molly smiled. "Green."

She looked up and saw Arthur standing at the door.

"Arthur," Molly's eyes widened. He walked away and Molly put her face in her hands. "Can we put the game on hold?"

"You better tip me extra," Violet responded.

"Arthur," Molly got up and went to his room.

"Shoes," he said quietly. She put her shoes down and sat beside him on his bed. "I didn't know that's what you were gonna tell me."

"It's okay," she said.

"No, it's not," he shook his head. "I was an arsehole to you. You didn't do anything."

"You were just being my brother," she smiled. "You didn't know, okay?"

"To be fair, you should've gotten to the point sooner," he laughed. She kissed him on the top of his head and he squirmed.