Here For You!

The morning of the parent-teacher conference rolled around, and Katsumi awoke with a dull-ache throbbing through her body. Although she had begun to heal, she still relied pretty heavily on pain medication to manage throughout the day. As it seemed, Akito had done a pretty good number on her this time. Had she not sought out Haru, Katsumi feared she would not be alive today. She was fortunate that the adults stepped in, and removed Katsumi from Akito's home by force; however, her heart remained guilty that they also had to endure the backlash. She felt foolish for agreeing to go back in the first place, if she hadn't been so focused on herself and the bitter jealousy she felt of the relationship between Yuki and Tohru- then nobody would have gotten hurt in the first place. Katsumi let out a sigh, running her hands through her thick blonde hair. Shigure had told her countless times to stop worrying about it, but she just couldn't push past the guilt that barred down on her fragile heart. She ran her hand over her tired face, before pulling herself out of bed- she didn't have the time to sulk around in bed all morning, today Shigure would be attending school with her as her guardian. Katsumi quickly dressed into her school uniform, and drew open the curtains, frowning at the seemingly downcast day. The sky was covered with an overcast of dark grey clouds, that promised rain at any moment. She supposed if she were going to bring an umbrella to school, today would be that day. It seemed that today was just yet another promise of gloom. The morning routine was the same as every other day, and soon after they had devoured the breakfast that Tohru had kindly made up for them- the four teens, and Shigure were off to the school.

Tohru's interview was first that morning, leaving Katsumi alone in the hall as she read her book. It seemed that Tohru's interview had ended, shortly after it had begun. She wondered if hers would be that quick. Katsumi silently got to her feet, nodding happily too Tohru as they passed each other. The tension in the room was nearly unbearable, was this all between her teacher and Shigure?

"H-Hello, thank you for waiting for me. I'm ready to start whenever now," she managed to stuttered out in an attempt to end the dispute. Upon hearing her voice, the two adults snapped out of their vicious staring contest, and turned their attention to her with cheerful, yet obviously fake smiles.

"Ahh, Katsumi good to see you. Then why don't we start right away," Mayu-Sensei said, as she picked up the white book with her post-secondary idealisms written down on it. "Let's see, you plan to go to University to study to become an elementary teacher?"

"Yes, that's right." Katsumi agreed simply with a nod, her hands fiddling nervously in her lap. She knew well that is was her dream to become a teacher, however, due to the curse she wouldn't be able to follow through with that idealism.

"I see you haven't applied for any scholarships, you know there is some you could still apply for this late in the year." Her teacher advised her in a calm voice, looking up at her curiously.

"Oh, well... No thank you, I'd rather take my chances next year." She disagreed, waving her hands in an uncomfortable manner. "With everything I've been through this year, I'd rather just focus on the path that is in the near feature."

"That's completely understandable, Katsumi. Well, let's say that's it for now. I support your plans Katusmi, and I really do things end up better for you in the next year to come." Mayu-Sensei told her, before signing her paper and sliding it across the table for her to take.

"Thank you Mayu-Sensei, I sincerely hope so as well." Katsumi agreed, before grabbing her elder cousins hand and dragging him out of the classroom before he could cause farther ruckus. Closing the door behind them, Katsumi found herself letting out a breath that she hadn't been aware she was holding. It felt so strange for her to talk about a future as she if she had one, it made her heart hurt. A future. That wasn't the case for her, once every one of the other zodiacs graduate... That was it for her, she would return to the Estate and spend the rest of her life in the miserable grasp of Akito. Katsumi clutched the front of her uniform, the racing of her heart made her chest hurt. She truly feared spending the rest of her life locked behind the heavy wooden gates of the Sohma Estate, this wasn't the future she wanted for herself... No. this wasn't the future that Katsumi wanted for anyone of the other Sohma's, however, it was the fate that they had to embrace. Be it a kind future, or not... It was what ticking time had in store for them.