Chapter 8- Advertising and Sexy Nurses

The next day Y/N told Sam about what happened, and surprisingly she wasn't upset. Most people would be mad that their friend beat up their boyfriend, but Sam must be built differently. One person Y/N was worried about be being angry was Johnny. However, Y/N was surprised yet again when Johnny reassured her that he wasn't mad at her for bringing Daniel to Cobra Kai. On the contrary, he was actually quite amused.

The Halloween dance was coming up soon, but Y/N wasn't really thinking about it. She wasn't even sure she wanted to go. She and Miguel spent a lot of time training, sometimes in each other's apartments. At first, his grandma was suspicious that they were doing a different type of activity, but when Y/N reassured her they weren't, she dropped the subject. Well, not entirely, but she wasn't as suspicious.

Y/N and Miguel were taking turns punching the dummy as Johnny watched. He glanced at the whiteboard that read: CURRENT STUDENTS and sighed. He only had two students. "Hey, you guys don't happen to have any friends who wanna learn karate, do you?" Johhny asked, shuffling the bills in his hand. Y/N shook her head no while Miguel kept punching. "Wait, what am I saying? You two don't have any friends. Sorry." Johhny remarked. "You know, I think you should quit being a sensei and be a standup comedian instead." Y/N retorted. Johnny rolled his eyes.

Miguel stopped his punching and turned to Johnny. "Hey, Sensei, when are we going to learn to do some kicking? I saw a YouTube video of a guy breaking boards, and it looked badass." Miguel panted. "Yeah, no shit. Kicking is badass. But you guys aren't ready." Johnny stated. Y/N glared at him. "Well maybe Y/N is but you aren't."

"If I don't get more students in here, I won't be able to teach you guys anything," Johnny stated with a hint of frustration in his voice. "You've thought of advertising, right?" Y/N asked sarcastically. "Yeah, duh. Of course." He replied. Y/N snorted at his response. He definitely didn't think of advertising. Y/N and Miguel exchanged a look and decided they'd do it for him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Some guidance counselor said. Miguel and Y/N were sitting at lunch with Demetri and Eli while a guidance counselor Y/N didn't bother to learn the name of was giving a lecture on cyberbullying. Y/N was only half listening as she leaned on Miguel in boredom. "You ok?" He whispered. "Just tired." She mumbled. He put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him as the counselor kept talking.

"I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." She stated. Everyone started looking at Eli and whispering mean things as he brought a hand to his mouth, embarrassed. Y/N reached over and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. "But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students."

Miguel looked over at Eli, who was still covering his lip and sighed. "If you're sick of getting bullied, our karate dojo's looking for recruits," Miguel said with Y/N nodding in agreement, her head still on his shoulder. "Yeah right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri mocked. Y/N rolled her eyes. "We're serious, Demetri. Our sensei's the real deal. We could get you both discounts." Y/N defended. She was fond of Johnny and didn't want anyone mocking him and his job. "As enticing as the sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri quipped before going back to his food. Miguel looked at Y/N with a hint of annoyance. She just smiled up at him and shrugged her shoulders, making him smile at how cute she was. She's adorable. He thought before turning back to the guidance counselor.

"One last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Haloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of sexy nurse, maybe try gender-neutral hospital employee." Y/N snorted at this, burying her head into Miguel's neck to hide her laughter. "You going to be a sexy nurse, Y/N?" Miguel asked somewhat suggestively. "Only if you go as a sexy doctor." She joked, causing him to laugh. "What are you going to be anyways?" He asked, looking down at her. She looked up at him and stared into his brown eyes before shaking her head. "I'm not going." She replied.

"But why not?"

"Dances aren't my thing."

"But what if we go together?"

"L-like a date?"

"Well, we no I-I didn't mean it like that. Please will you go, for me?"

Y/N sighed. Miguel started doing his puppy dog eyes. "Wait Miguel that's not fair!" She whined. He kept doing them, making her growl in frustration. "Fine, I'll go but only for you!" She gave in. "Yay!" He cheered, placing his head on hers. Y/N rolled her eyes with a small smile on her lips.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miguel and Y/N stood in front of Cobra Kai, waiting for Johnny to show up. Earlier at school, they had worked together to make a website to promote Cobra Kai. The finished project was actually quite good. At least Y/N thought so.

It was nearly 6 when Johnny's red car pulled up to the dojo. "Hey, sensei you told us to be here at 5 right?" Miguel asked as Johnny unlocked the door. "Yeah, but today's traing s canceled." He replied before walking into the dojo, leaving the two kids dumbfounded. "What? Why?" Y/N asked. "Cause I said so." He answered. Y/N and Miguel exchanged a look before running after him as he briskly walked to his office.

"Sensei wait there's something we want to show you," Miguel said as he unzipped his backpack to look for his laptop. "Look I'm really not in the mood," Johnny replied, reaching for a beer. "We think you'll like it," Y/N said in a sing-song voice. Johnny took a swig and looked at the girl, who smiled innocently back. He never could never say no to her for some reason.

Miguel typed a few things before pulling up the web page. "It's a Cobra Kai web page, right? We made it in study hall." Miguel explained as he hovered the mouse over the dojo's logo. "Click on the snake."

Johnny hesitantly reached over and clicked the snake. The snake made a hissing sound before disappearing and being replaced with a sign-in screen. "This is the sign-in page. We were thinking, we can make an app where you track your progress, get a social media campaign going, get it out to the whole school. The possibilities are endless!" Y/N rambled off excitedly. Miguel nodded enthusiastically while Johnny looked at the kids a little confused but also happy.

Suddenly, Round and Round by Ratt started playing, signaling Miguel was getting a call. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, reading the screen before turning it off. "That was my mom, I'll call her back later." He stated before putting his phone away. "Hey, was that just..." Johnny started. "Ratt? Awesome, right? I went online and looked up Guns N Roses and ended up going on this whole 80's-rock rabbit hole. That shit is dope." Miguel finished excitedly. Y/N giggled a little while Johnny looked at him quite impressed.

"All right. Both of you meet me at the high school at midnight. Don't be late." Johnny demanded. The teens stared at him, confused. "W-what for?" Miguel asked. "You wanna learn how to kick ass? First, you gotta learn how to kick." Johnny replied with a grin. Miguel and Y/N exchanged a worried look. What was he planning?
-----------------------------------------------------
A/N Wow I don't update for a few days and when I finally do, it's a terrible chapter. Sorry for the wait but school has really been taking up my time. It's actually 12 AM right now, which means I should be asleep but I wanted to get this out for y'all. Hope you enjoy!! And thanks for over 2k reads :).

Second A/N Ok I don't know what is going on with this chapter but first it uploaded fine, then the title was missing, then it wouldn't save and then I checked to see that almost half of it was missing. I'm hoping it's fine now so sorry for the inconvenience but if you didn't get to read all of it, you're in for a treat :)