04: 𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗇'𝗌 𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗒.

❥❥❥

𝗂𝗏. 𝗌𝗅𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗇'𝗌 𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗒.

"I will honestly take my heels off and shove it down your throat."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Remind me why I came to this stupid dinner party again." said Y/n.

"Because you promised me." hissed Hermione.

"Right."

Slughorn stood at the head of the table, his goblet raised to the students who were seated before him. A distinctive crystal hourglass sat at the center of the table.

"To Hogwarts' best and brightest!" he said.

"Here, here!" said McLaggen,

Y/n exchanged a wry glance with Hermione, who noticed that one seat at the table was empty. Neville stared hopelessly at the vast array of forks, knives and spoons placed beside his plate.

"Which one do I use for the soup?" he asked.

Y/n grinned, looked up and got a wink from McLaggen, causing her to grip tightly onto her fork. She was sure it had bent slightly. "That's the 10th time he's winked at me tonight," she whispered to the girl beside her. "If he does it one more time, I won't hesitate to shove this fork so far up his ass to the point he'll be choking it out."

"Calm down, Y/n."

"No."

Before Hermione could say anything else, Slughorn turned to her.

"And you, Miss Granger? What is it your family does in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists," said Hermione. "They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating." said Slughorn. "And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No. Though, a boy named Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. Needed ten stitches." she let out a nervous laugh as everyone looked at her with a confused expression.

As Slughorn nodded, the door creaked open. There stood Ginny Weasley.

"Miss Weasley! Come in, come in." said Slughorn.

"Sorry," she apologised. "I'm not ordinary late --"

She faltered, eyes red, uncharacteristically flustered.

"No matter, You'll be just in time for dessert. That is -- if Belby leaves you any."

As Ginny made a move to her seat, Hermione whispered to Y/n. "Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again. Her and Dean."

Y/n turned to Hermione. "Since when have they started dating? Thought she liked Potter? Did her feelings for him just magically disappear or something?"

Hermione shrugged. "I'm guessing she got tired of chasing after him and decided to get over him."

The (e/c) eyed girl hummed as she looked at the red-head once more.

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

"Thank you, one and all, for a most stimulating evening. We'll have to do it again." said Slughorn as he dismissed them.

"I see you tomorrow, yeah?" said Y/n as Blaise waited for her by the door.

"See you!" said Hermione, going over to catch up with Ginny.