39- Beg the King

[[I DO NOT OWN THE ART OR MUSIC- I hope you guys enjoy the story!- L RANDY]]

Alana trudged through the snow, coming out on the opposite row of buildings to the road the pirates walked.

If I were a loud, boorish, rough prince- where would I be? She looked around, starting to seriously doubt her efforts.

"Are you lost, little girl?" A deep voice spoke from behind her.

Little?! She felt like Leven for a moment as her brow twitched.

"No, I am—" Alana began to wave the man off but something in her head clicked.

I know that voice.

She spun in the snow to face her potential fiancé, formally known as Prince Kazuyuki, now King Kazuyuki, beast spirit.

He was a large man, standing at six feet and eight inches, and his large muscles bulging from under his clothes.

Though he was so tall, he was proportionate all over and would look like an average man from a far distance.

He was handsome, even Alana could admit that if she did not find him so very unbearable. He had a sharp jawline, auburn almond eyes with dark lashes, and full, long black hair that was beautifully kept.

"You!" They said in unity, Kazuyuki with an accusing point.

"What are you doing in my kingdom?!" Kazuyuki continued.

"Oh, I don't know, sightseeing, trying the local cuisines," Alana began drastically out of character.

The first thing she hated about Kazuyuki, he always made her lose her temper quicker than anyone else could even attempt.

"I am here on business!" She finally snapped in truth.

"Business? How did Taycia get past my gates? I did not pass any invitation! Did you attack—" He began but Alana slapped the man's arm, he flinched away even though the slap felt more like a tickle to him.

"Shut it, Kazu!" She harshly whispered.

"What?" The king asked bewildered.

"Listen," She grew closer to him as she continued to whisper. "I ran away from my palace a few months ago." She confessed.

"What!" Kazuyuki's voice bellowed.

"Hush!" She quickly shushed him. "I could not stand another second of my parents' reign and be locked away in that place like some bird." She explained looking into his auburn eyes with a plea.

"I am here with my new... friends, they are here to speak to you about the Taycia war, please, I am begging you, do not expose me to be the princess of Taycia." She almost got to her knees but dreaded thinking about getting down into the snow. 

Kazuyuki thought for a moment, still confused, and certainly taken aback by his likely fiancée begging him in the middle of his village.

"You are fine with what they are planning?" He finally asked the pleading girl.

She bit the inside of her cheek.

"I am more than okay with it, Kazu." She corrected him. "I am going to help them."

Kazuyuki's eyes blinked rapidly, clearly gobsmacked further with her response.

"So please, please, please! Do not reveal me!" She grasped the front of his animal hide clothing.