26. First To Succeed

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I wasn't keeping track of how long we had been walking, but I was keeping track of how often to drop the psycho nuts for Bellamy to follow as a trail. At least they're good for something. Finn and Clarke weren't even really noticing what I was doing anyway.

"I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?" Clarke asks Finn after a long period of silence.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead." Finn remarks optimistically causing me to crack a smile.

As Finn jumped down to lower terrain I heard him groan. I would've checked him but Clarke was rushing to his side first. So I just let it be. And the last time I checked it he was fine.

"Let me have a look at it."

I peek over Clarke's shoulder to get a look at the wound. It seems a bit irritated, but that's just because he isn't resting as much as he should be. But then again I can't expect him to stay in bed for a long period of time, this is Finn we're talking about. And as long as he doesn't reopen the wound he should be fine.

"Seriously Finn, you seem to be putting a lot of faith into someone who stuck a knife in you."

"And you're sounding more and more like Bellamy." I try not to laugh, I had been noticing that Bellamy and her had been agreeing on a lot more lately. I was still more on Finn's side than Bellamy's.

"We're just trying to keep us alive." Clarke argues.

"So am I." Finn retorts causing me to smile again.

They both continue to walk and I leave another small pile of the nuts behind as I follow them. Pretty soon the sun starts to rise, and shortly after it does we reach a bridge. There was a river running under it and trees on either side of the river, but none between. Octavia turned towards us as we approached, she had been waiting for us. She had set this up. Or at least helped.

"So that's how you set this up?" Clarke questions bitchily, "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

"I trust him, Clarke." Octavia answers in the same tone.

"There's a lot of that going around."

I roll my eyes at her, "Oh, shut up Clarke." I look back to Octavia, "So Lincoln set this up?" I ask.

"You know him?" Finn asks, stunned and Clarke shared a similar expression. I just waved the two off.

Octavia nods with a smile, "He likes you a lot." She laughs, "You're pretty much the only other person in our camp he trusts."

"Really?"

She nods, but before she can say anything else we hear someone else coming.

"Someone's coming." Finn states.

I look to the other side of the bridge. There Lincoln emerged from the trees. I was incredibly happy to see him, especially in a better condition than last time. He rushed over and Octavia met him in the middle. He scoops her up into his arms and they stay like that for a minute. The two pull apart and start to walk over. When Lincoln sees me he instantly smiles.