'Not So Happy Campers' Part One

"Yo! We're comin' at you live from Camp Wawanakwa, somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario! I'm your host, Chris McLean. Dropping season one of the hottest new reality show on television right now! Here's the deal. Twenty-two campers have signed up to spend eight weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgment of their fellow campers. Every three days, one team will either win a reward or watch one of their team members walk down the Dock of Shame, take a ride on the loser boat, [laughs] and leave Total Drama Island for good. Their fate will be decided here At the dramatic campfire ceremony, where each week, all but one camper will receive a marshmallow. In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame and a small fortune, which let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week. Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras situated all over the camp. Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here, right now, on Total. Drama. Island!"

                 'God, what am I doing?...'

I pace on the boat, fear settling in deep into the pit of my stomach. After doing a little muck-around audition for this show, Total Drama Island, I had not thought that I'd actually be picked to compete. I'd originally been dared to by my older brother, who saw something about it online. Feeling bold, I'd gone for it, but any confidence I once had was completely diminished, in it's place being anxiety. The boat rocked, causing my hands to grasp the rails. This driver really didn't seem to have control, or he just didn't care if I fell into the water. As my [H/C] locks flew into my face, I brushed them back, hoping the spring-ish air would calm the nerves. Seeing the Island in the distance, I rose my eyebrow. Wasn't this meant to be a five-star resort? It wasn't exactly surprising. People would love to see campers reactions to anything.

"Last, but certainly not least, we like to think of this camper as the 'Golden' kid. The girl who can do no wrong, [Y/N]!" Chris exclaimed, stating as the boat stopped at the docks. Jumping out, I rolled my eyes.

'Golden? Really?' was there nothing else better to describe me with? Giving a small smile and a wave to the group, I headed near the end of the docks, planting myself next to what seemed like a nice person. The brunette girl smiled.

"Hey! I'm Courtney." I smiled, at least there were some decent people here.

"First things first. We need a group photo for the promos. Everyone on the end of the dock!" With the shuffling of feet, within the next minute, we were all huddled into a little circle-type group, me finding myself along the centre of the group.

"Okay campers! One, two, three!" Giving my best photogenic smile, Chris snapped the photo with a quick click.

"Forgot the lens cap!" Sighing, I smiled once more, a little less enthusiastically this time. With another click, the host smiled.

"Wait, cards full." With a chorus of groans erupting, the rest of us stood still, annoyed.

"C'mon man, my face is starting to freeze." A girl, I think her name was Leshawna, stated, her smile staying in the same way it had been. Ignoring her comment, Chris then continued.

"Okay, everyone say Wawanakwa!" As the group chorused the word, cracking could be heard from the dock. Before I had the chance to look down, I was submerged into the water, the cold force hitting me in the face. I felt a hand grab hold of my arm, hoisting me back up to the shore. I took in deep mouthfuls of air,

"You okay there, gorgeous?" Looking up, the first thing I saw was a green mohawk. I could tell, he was the 'too cool for you bad boy' type. Distancing myself, I rolled my eyes.