chapter twenty-one

Draco raced to the site where Harry had fallen. He was there in two minutes.

The sight he found horrified him to his core.

Harry lay on the ground with his limbs at odd angles. His glasses were askew, and blood was dribbling out his mouth. Draco's mouth stretched open in a torn cry as he went to crouch down by his lover. Harry's eyes were fluttering, eyes dry despite the copious amounts of pain he must

"Hurts... Draco," he sobbed. Draco looked around helplessly.

"Someone!" he screamed, smoothing his hands over Harry's face, desperately begging him to stay with him. "Someone, help!"

"Holy Merlin! Harry!"

Neville appeared from the bushes, and his face paled at the sight of Harry. Draco looked at him in anguish.

"It's alright, we can use the levitating spell!" Neville said in a hurry. "That way we won't accidently move anything."

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Madame Pomfrey swayed on the spot as she looked at the broken boy levitating in the air.

"He fell from the Astronomy Tower," Draco said, panic consuming his voice. The matron put a hand to her heart.

"Then how pray tell, is he alive?" she asked, eyes widening.

"I just wanted to go check on my flowers, I was worried!" Neville cried. "And then I saw him fall and I took out my wand too late-"

He broke down into tears, falling to his knees on the floor.

Draco floated Harry onto one of the empty beds and watched in horror as the white sheets were instantly stained red. Pomfrey immediately got out a Blood Replenishing potion and put it to his lips, forcing him to drink it.

Harry swallowed it, his eyes fluttering closed. Madam Pomfrey looked at Draco with eyes filled with wonder.

"Veelas are said to be able to heal their mates!" she said.

"We haven't fully bonded yet," Draco pointed out.

"You can still heal him a little, nevertheless," Madam Pomfrey said, grabbing the blonde's arm and sitting him down next to Harry.

"They're able to share their energy with their mate," Pomfrey explained. "He will heal himself with your magic."

Draco's eyes flooded with hope. "You mean we can save him?"

Pomfrey nodded frantically. "We can give him a chance."

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"Thank Merlin Neville was there. But who pushed Harry?" Ron asked, staring at Harry's pale face, which shone in the morning light. Draco sighed.

"We don't know."

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny had come to the Hospital Wing immediately when they had heard the news. Hermione hadn't left Harry's bedside, and neither had Draco, and Ginny was sniffling as if she had a bad cold.

Harry had improved massively with Draco's magic, but no one knew when he would wake up again.

"It was a person with black, short hair," Draco recalled.

"But that could be anyone!" Hermione said hopelessly. "We need to think of someone with a motive!"

"Not Smith, though," Draco said. "He's blond."

"Come on! There have to be other people with intentions of hurting Harry!" Ginny said exasperatedly, coming back from where she was pacing in front of the window. She had tear tracks on her cheeks, and she wiped at them, flushing.

They all looked terrible: Draco had bags under his eyes, Ron's eyes were wild, and his hair was manic, Hermione looked as if someone had told her mother had died, and Ginny looked like she was on the verge of falling apart.

"We'll get through it," Draco said fiercely. "We'll find them."

"We have to," Hermione cried. "How will be able to go on without him?"

Draco didn't answer.

He couldn't.

"Draco, you told us about the letter. Who gave it to you?" Ron asked.

Draco squeezed his eyes shut in regret. "Some first year, but I don't remember who. They were probably a pawn, and tricked into thinking the letter was by the Headmistress, too, they weren't about to question it."

Hermione walked to Harry's bedside and gripped her best friend's hands, watching as he shifted a little.

"Please, Harry. Wake up."

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Harry sat up and looked around. He was in Kings Cross again. Well, the cleaner version of it. But this time, he was clothed, and there was blood pooled on the floor where he sat. He touched his head to find that it was wet.

"I'm not dead, am I?" Harry asked incredulously.

"No, Harry," a voice behind him said. "You're far from it."

He turned around to see Sirius Black striding towards him.

"Sirius!"

He engulfed the man in the hug, and Sirius returned it eagerly.

"I've missed you, Harry," Sirius said into Harry's hair. Harry's grip tightened.

"I'm so sorry, I never meant for you to die," he sobbed, tears slipping out of his eyes. Sirius scoffed, pulling away.

"It's alright," he replied, his voice warm and welcoming. "We're together now."

"What do you mean I'm far from dead?" Harry asked. "Am I dreaming?"

"Not quite," Sirius said delicately. "I'd say you're in between."

Harry's eyes turned as big as saucers. "So, what you're saying is that I could die."

"Would that be so bad, Harry?" Sirius asked. Harry frowned.

"Well..." Harry thought it over. He could be with his godfather and his parents! But Draco...

"Look at what he's done to you, Harry," Sirius said, obviously reading his thoughts, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "He never loved you. No one does this to ones they love."

Harry ripped himself away. "Draco didn't do this to me!"

"But he would if he had the chance."

Harry felt his heart break. "You're... you're not Sirius."

"I am Sirius, Harry," his godfather smiled warmly, his eyebrows furrowing slightly in concern. Harry backed away.

"Don't come any closer!" Harry yelled. Sirius' voice started to grow louder and louder.

"He doesn't deserve you," Sirius hissed. "He never did!"

Everything went dark again.

***
omg what... sirius this isn't very girlboss of you wtf

anyways vote and comment