Chapter 25

Author's Note: IDK how I feel about this chapter. Let me know what you guys think.

____________________

"So the Alex situation is finally resolved?"

You shrug your shoulders and look bored, trying to contain your glee. "I guess so. He's in jail and took seven other officers with him. Oh, and three detectives. Supposedly the chief and commissioner are resigning, too."

Penelope grins at you knowingly. "Today's a good day, huh?"

You return her smile and toss her a wink. "It's a great day."

"I bet Hotch and Spencer are over the moon."

"Spencer is eager to put it all behind us. I haven't talked to Aaron much this morning, actually. He's been in the director's office since we got here."

You shoot a concerned glance at her door. Penelope pats your arm reassuringly. "Probably nothing serious, Y/N."

"I'm sure you're right. I don't know why I'm so nervous. We got lucky with this Alex thing so I guess I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop."

"Ooh, speaking of shoes, do you wanna hit the mall with me after work? There's a pair of fuchsia stilettos I'd had my eye on, and mama's earned herself a treat."

"It's a date."

Aaron walks out of the director's office with a scowl on his face. Erin follows him out, looking troubled.

"Attention, everyone. I received word from Internal Affairs that they will be conducting an investigation on some activities among the BAU. Let's all cooperate and be forthright so this investigation will go smoothly." She frowns at Aaron. "Don't you agree, Agent Hotchner?"

He glares at her. "Absolutely."

She steps back into her office and you hurry to Aaron's side. "It's about us, isn't it?"

"Yes. I told you, once we filled out that form there would be an investigation."

"Fuck."

The corners of his mouth twitch. "Everything is going to be fine."

"Right. Or I'm going to get thrown out on my ass." You wince.

"I'm not going to let that happen."

"Me either." Penelope chimes in. "Tell me what I need to say to keep you here and I'll do it. We all will."

Aww, Penny. You're the best.

"We can't do that, Garcia, but thank you for the sentiment. We've done nothing wrong. Just tell the truth and everything will be fine." Aaron interjects.

She nods but doesn't look convinced.

____________________

The next day you're on edge as Internal Affairs interviews each of the team members, as well as a few other agents in the office, and Strauss. Aaron stomps out of his interview looking absolutely livid.

"How did it-"

"Not here." He says quietly as he passes by you and heads into his office with Strauss on his heels.

You can't hide the worry on your face.

Emily notices your expression and gives you a quick hug. "It's fine Y/N. If they found anything they would have told Strauss they're scheduling a hearing."

"They haven't asked to talk to me yet. What if I say the wrong thing? What if our stories don't add up?"

"Hotch said to tell the truth and that's what everyone's done. So do the same and it'll all be fine."