15-ᴘʀᴇʏ

I gasped slightly in shock, before straightening myself.  "Sorry," I said, looking up to see the beautiful, auburn girl above me glaring down at me. Her tall figure loomed over me and I couldn't help but tense at the very passive aggressive situation.

I think I might die today from her deathly, icy stare drilling through me. Why was she staring at me like Medusa who would prey on her victims to turn them into stone? She  doesn't have those powers. I hope.

She sneered, her lips lifting into a evil smirk but not like Darius' whose smirk was so evil/naughty. Like I am thinking of naughty, unmentionable things. I am literally blushing thinking of what those inappropriate thoughts would be. Ok, enough gushing about Darius. I searched my head about how do defeat a human Medusa.

" What's your problem?" she exclaimed, her chest puffing out as she pointed a perfectly manicured figure at me. I looked back at her in confusion waiting for her to elaborate.

"I am not sure what you mean." I answered back.

"Pathetic," she sneered. " You are pathetic. No one."

"Ok," I answered blatantly, trying to mask any of the hurt seeping through me. Juliette just ignore her.

I turned to walk away. " After all, you are penniless, greedy whore," She  continued, by now there was an audience  and my body froze in her direction. She laughed coldly " Not surprised to be honest, you are the daughter of a whore." 

A slap echoed, breaking the silence.

Gasps echoed in the hallway.

Never have I ever resorted into violence even back when it was so bad. 

I simply ignored it. But how could I ignore someone who tried to ruin my new start? And then had the nerve to insult my mother.

"You can say anything about me, I will take it. You spread rumours about me, I accepted it. But you've crossed a line by insulting my mother," I calmly enunciated, my voice full of composure.

"You bitch," she replied in disbelief, her hand clutching her red cheek. She stepped forward and raised her hand, causing me to close my eyes.

For the slap that never came.

The ever so comforting scent surrounded me as a sturdy back shielded me as protection. 

" That would be the worst thing you could even think of doing" Raphael justified, his postures straight. 

She audibly held her breath, but I couldn't really see what was going on because of the mountain in front of me. Like did she retreat or what?

"Of course, she would need you are her bodyguards," she retorted. I stepped to the side where Darius and Alaric were standing.

"I think Juliette has dealt with you fairly enough, perhaps even more fairly than I would if I was her. This is for you," Darius commented, his voice full of admiration as he passed her a folder. Who knew that someone could make my name sound so good?

"What's this?" she asked.

"You're capable of reading, are you not?" Alaric had now spoken up, his expression as bored as ever.  She winced at his harsh retort and her hand shook as she read the folder.

What was it? 

"There are two copies of this, one with you and one with the Principal. Raphael, doesn't the Verdict apply to everyone at this institute?" Darius asked innocently, his eyes looking at Raphael.

"Why, yes. It does. After all, I suppose everyone capable will be able to honourably pass." He answered back.

"By capable you mean , someone who idealises leadership not as intimidation but as cooperation and acceptance. Or someone who knows when to step aside." Darius justified.