☙ 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝗗𝗨𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗗
𝗗𝗘𝗗𝗘 | 𝗠𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗶, 𝗙𝗟 📍 𝟭 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿
▃▃

It was 3am by the time I walked into the club, although I had money saved I still needed to work if I wanted to get a place

It was my birthday month so soon I'd be 18 and I'd be able to get custody of my siblings.

I just needed an apartment first and hopefully a car ... Kenji been teaching me when he can. Symere been busy lately so I made a new friend ... Kenji and I definitely didn't start off on the right food but after saving my life; I respected him so much more.

We talked, and he actually apologized for mistreating me and offered to take me out ... ion know bout yall but a bitch ain't never saying no to food.

I learned a lot about him and well, I would say we have gotten significantly closer.

I had shades on my face because the lights in the club usually gave me headaches and ain't nobody have time for that.

I was gonna work until 6am today; short shift nun long.

As I was walking inside the club, I seen an angry looking Carmelo coming my way.

Brace for impact ladies and gentlemen.

"Where the fuck you been?" He mugged me as he bent down to my level.

"Personal issues; I'm sorry." I kept it short and simple, only the gang and Kenji and Sy knew what happened.

I didn't tell Carmelo because well ... we obviously didn't end things on the right foot.

"I have to work," I told him as I tried to walk off but he yanked me back by my arm and dragged me towards his office.

"Let go off me," I snarled as I snatched out of his deathly grip.

"You fucking stupid bitch! You think you finna stop working for a whole month and come back like shit cool, fuck is wrong with you!" He growled as he stared down at me.

His honey colored orbs were now a dark brown and I could see the veins in his forehead bulging.

"Huh!" He yelled again as he snatched my glasses off my face, breaking them in the process.

"Really?" I frowned up my face.

"What the fuck you been doing Dutchess," he yelled as he pushed me up against the wall.

I sucked in a breath, afraid he might hit me or sum.

"Carmelo .. I really am sorry. Some personal things came up and I just couldn't function enough to work. I'm so sorry.. just please calm down; you're scaring me." I spoke as quietly and respectfully as possible.

He scoffed and pushed me hard against the wall; I hissed.

"Get out, go home. You're done here." He told me as he pointed towards the door.

"CARMELO!" I yelled, "I need this job, what do you mean I'm done!" I spoke up; getting upset.

"Who the fuck are you yelling at?" He mugged me as he placed a hand firmly around my throat.

"Yell at me again and watch I break ya fucking neck, now get out." He let go and pushed me off.

I bent to grab my purse; he yanked that from me and dug in it grabbing a couple of hundreds.

I tried reaching for it but he wouldn't let me get it.

"CARMELO!" I yelled again.

"What the fuck I say?" He snapped back and raised his hand and smacked me straight to the floor.

I yelped in pain as I held onto to my stinging cheek.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but I tried my best to remain calm.

He tossed the purse at my feet; a few of my cards and ID's falling out.

I slowly grabbed them and put them in my bag so I could get home.

"Here," he tossed me some more glasses and snatched me up off the ground.

"Get out ny place of business."

I nodded my head and got out as quickly as I could.

Ajani stopped me but I pushed past her, "I gotta go!" I mumbled as I got away and went outside so I could call an uber.

As I was about to call an uber, someone approached me.

I looked up seeing Kenji ... "you good, you need a ride or sum?"

"Yes please,"

He helped me to my feet and we made our way towards Legacy's house.

I couldn't wait until I could have my own and do all this shit on my own.

Hated depending on people.

"You good D; you seem distraught." Kenji questioned me as he continued to drive.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm fine I promise."

I heard him sigh but he didn't bother to say anything else and thats all I wanted.

After 7 minutes of silence, we pull up to Legacy's.

"Thank you," I told him as I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"You good,"

I climbed out of his car and made my way inside, I looked out the window and he finally pulled off once he knew I was safe inside.

The house was dark since it was 3am so I was quiet as I made my way towards my room.

I turned on my light and took off the shades seeing that there was some bruising forming around my eye, I scoffed ... what the fuck am I doing so wrong?

Everybody just beating on me like I'm a fucking animal.

Ion know what to do at this point.

I went to the kitchen, grabbed a bag and some ice and quickly made it to my room.

I laid down and placed the ice on my eye so it wouldn't swell up too much.

I opened my phone seeing a few notifications, but nothing important.

I went to Sy and I's messages and he has yet to respond to anything I've texted him.

Seriously don't know what his issue is.

Fuck it, I don't care.

I got under my covers and relaxed until I fell asleep.