ARC 10 Re : Sentinel & Guide

Chapter 242: Back To That Key Moment ⑧

TL: Resonance

“I was being very serious sharing my relationship experience with my son.” Yonis defended himself.

“As a Dark Sentinel who has been bachelor for decades and can’t even find a suitable guide and was coincidentally accepted by me in the end, what kind of relationship experience could you possibly have to share?” Shang Ke poked at his pale love history without mercy.

Yonis’ fragile heart was instantly hurt by it greatly.

“You too Leo, don’t be too busy snickering. How old are you now? You did not learn the good things, but actually learned to date? If you meet someone you like, you can start with being childhood friends first and know each other better. You can’t just go being boyfriends and girlfriends whenever you like so casually. Are you planning to be a scumbag who scatters love all around? In the future, if I find you playing with other people’s feelings again, I will let you know how domestic violence is practiced. Also, put down the leg you put on the coffee table. You clearly know that you have short legs, and still want to act cool like your father.”

Both father and son put their legs down from the coffee table at the same time. The two men had been spoiled by Shang Ke in recent years and life has been too sweet that they seemed to have gotten a little carried away.

Leo looked at his mother with a “heartbroken” look: “Mother, you attacking your son so sharply, are you not afraid that it would leave a psychological shadow on me?”

“Don’t worry, I studied psychology, if someone grows up with any anti-social emotions, I will find out in time and deal with it properly.” Four or five years is enough time for Shang Ke to understand Leo through and through, this guy not only matured early, but also has a high IQ.

Leo: “...…” Are you still the gentle and amiable lord mother I know?

After reproaching the father and son, Shang Ke was ready to return to the kitchen.  When he was turning back, he added, “By the way, invite that girl here again for a meal.”

“Why? I’m going to break up with her tomorrow.” Leo thought his mother really wanted them to try dating. God knows he is not interested in children at all. The reason why he brought his “girlfriend” back is because someone who is on vacation at home recently has been monopolizing his mother all day long, so he had to find a way to increase his presence.

“Didn’t you say ‘today’s ingredients are not very fresh’ and promise to ‘invite her next time’? You should keep your promise.”

He was just saying it casually! That girl was rude to his mother. He was already very magnanimous for not flipping on the spot, and now mother still wanted him to invite her for a meal at home?

“No, mother…” Listen to my explanation.

“It’s decided.” Shang Ke didn’t give him a chance to refuse and walk away.

Leo looked in the direction his mother was leaving with a torn look, feeling that he had pitted himself. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his father watching the TV without looking away, and he felt even more upset: Don’t think that I do not know that you are gloating just because you put on a serious look! The spiritual lion named “Moloc” that is showing off by your side, has betrayed you!

In the evening, Shang Ke was leaning against the bed with his computer, browsing casually through the web when he came across a report on psychotropic dissociation gas. He remembered that when he “died”, this gas had just started to spread in the outside world, causing sentinel Zeder to fall into a chaotic state of dissociation, and if it was not treated properly, he would infect others. Now, seven or eight years have passed. Not only has this gas not been effectively contained, it has become more potent. Treatment by guides is becoming increasingly difficult and the symptoms are becoming longer.