ARC 10 Re : Sentinel & Guide

Chapter 245: Back To That Key Moment ⑧

TL: Resonance

Yonis felt that the situation was a bit grim recently. The number of people who coveted his Keke increased exponentially. Whenever he walked in the crowd, he always received a large number of envious and jealous eyes. But because they were afraid of his strength, no one dared to challenge him.

Nevertheless, Yonis still felt a strong sense of danger. He was afraid that if one day he got injured in the mission and got disabled, he can no longer protect his Keke. In this world where strength rules, then the rules would only restrain the weak. For some certain strong people, the rules are meaningless.

Besides, Shang Ke is a guide. Although they nominally have the right to independence, if he meets a strong person like him, there might be no choice. The only thing Yonis was glad of was that Shang Ke had accepted him before he could take any forceful measures. As a strong dark sentinel, the pride and arrogance he was born with was no different from other sentinels. Now that he thinks back, if Keke had refused him, he wondered how things would have developed. It probably would have been a tragedy of love and hate…

“What are you thinking about?” Shang Ke handed Yonis a cup of hot tea, looked at his cold expression, and asked with a smile.

Yonis did not answer. He put down the cup of tea, held Shang Ke into his arms and felt the warmth of his body in satisfaction.

“I heard you’ve been doing some difficult intensive training lately?” Shang Ke turned around in his embrace and slipped under the covers.

“Yes.” Yonis lay down smoothly and rested Shang Ke’s head on his chest.

“Difficult intensive training is generally used to push the limits of the human body, with your strength, it seems unnecessary to rush it so much?” Shang Ke absentmindedly picked at his hair in an attempt to find a strand of white hair or two, then realized that his action seemed a bit like a gorilla, so he moved his fingers away and lay flat with his limbs stretched out.

Yonis was silent for a while before saying, “I want to break through the bottleneck as soon as possible.” Even that kid Leo is going to skip grades. He as the father has no reason to make no progress.

“My dear, the average lifespan of a Sentinel is 150 years old, and the only Dark Sentinel who reached A-rank before the age of thirty is you in the entire country.” Shang Ke looked at the ceiling and advised, “You are not yet forty years old and your body is in its peak condition, all that is lacking is the accumulation and condensation of spiritual power, which requires enough time and patience. Intensive training is not much use for the improvement of spiritual power, except to make your muscles even harder.”

“No.”

“What?”

Yonis flipped over and propped himself up on both sides of Shang Ke. He looked down at him with a burning gaze, “It doesn’t only improve my muscles, but also my strength and endurance.”

After saying so, one leg propped up Shang Ke’s body and Yonis’ lower body pressed against Shang Ke’s letting him truly feel his own greatness.

The hot and hard touch made Shang Ke shiver slightly.

Shang Ke tried his best to ignore the abnormality in his lower body and said sincerely, “Your strength and endurance are good enough, there’s no need for further strengthening at all.”

“I’m a man who always seeks to improve myself.” Yonis rubbed slowly, “I will never be satisfied in this aspect, and will do everything I can ‘day after day’ to seek a breakthrough.”