ARC 11 Re : Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree

Chapter 246

TL: Resonance

Ivan watched his beloved turning into a tree before his eyes. He had always known that Keke was special, and that he contained a purer natural aura than other elves. However, he could never have imagined in any way that Keke would be the incarnation of the mother tree of the elven race—Teldrassil.

Under the nourishment of the Spring of Life, Teldrassil which had disappeared for hundreds of years resurrected once again and reappeared in the world radiating infinite vitality. Everyone rejoiced over it but only Ivan’s heart felt like it was cut by a knife. For a moment, he selfishly hoped that Keke was still just Keke, an elf lover who belonged to him alone.

Teldrassil is resurrected, the specters retreat, and humans, as well as other races, gain the opportunity to defeat the specters. The breath of Teldrassil will be the most powerful weapon against the specters and the hope for the continuation of the elven bloodline.

Ivan looked at the mixed-blooded elves kneeling on the ground, then looked at Teldrassil which was like a giant umbrella standing under the sky. He remembered Keke’s last request : Help me take care of the little elves.

Okay, Keke. Ivan golden pupils shone slightly : I will take care of them. Then, I will wait for you to return together with them.

Ivan became the guardian of Teldrassil. He who had awakened the dragon bloodline has physique and strength which exceeds the average human warrior’s. The huge might of a dragon made people fear. The people who once tried to kill him now all avoid him. The elves are also upset because he has impure feelings for Teldrassil. To the elves, the Mother Tree is undoubtedly sacrosanct and cannot be coveted by anyone.

The people feared him and distanced themselves from him, yet they had to use his power to fight the specters.

Although Teldrassil is resurrected, the specters will certainly find a way to seal it again. The immediate task of the alliance is to do everything possible to protect Teldrassil and the Spring of Life, while gathering strength to fight back until the specters are all eliminated or completely driven out of the Anglo continent.

Ivan wandered outside the alliance forces, silently guarding Teldrassil. However, the elves did not allow him to get close, let alone touch it. His fondness and intimate actions towards Teldrassil were regarded as an insult by the mixed-blood elves.

With Ivan’s strength, he could ignore the mixed-blood elves’ obstruction and act recklessly, but he didn’t do so. The distance is meaningless to him and to Keke who has turned into Teldrassil.

The resurrection of Teldrassil caused all the forces of the continent to gather in Fayser Forest and build a protective circle to defend against the attack of the specters.

After several failed attempts, the specters temporarily retreated and waited for the right moment. The two sides entered a stalemate and no one rushed into war again. Before destroying Teldrassil and the Spring of Life, the specters were not certain of a full victory. And the alliance of all races also didn’t have enough weapons and power to fight against the specters at the moment.

Anglo continent welcomed a relatively calm buffer period. Ivan always remembered Keke’s request, and when the defense force of the Fayser Forest gradually developed and grew, he brought the little elves back from the remote Wasier Forest to the territory of the elven race for better protection and care.

“Ivan, is Keke really in Fayser Forest?” Bubbles, the first born of the little elves, asked.

Ivan nodded his head.