ARC 11 Re : Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree

Chapter 248 : Back To That Key Moment ⑨

TL: Resonance

The strange movement of the Teldrassil eventually alerted the Great Elder, and when he rushed over with a group of mixed-blood elves, he was also shocked to see the vines that had suddenly grown out of the ground. After the resurrection of Teldrassil, the consciousness belonging to the Teldrassil’s spirit disappeared. The mixed-blood elves prayed daily, but never received any revelation. It was expected that after two years, Teldrassil’s spirit seemed to have gained new consciousness.

The mixed-blood elves led by the Great Elder were so excited they knelt down one after another and prayed, asking for the blessing of the Mother Tree. But Shang Ke didn’t pay attention to them. In fact, in his current state, he couldn’t communicate with them either.

The mixed-blood elves prayed for a long time, but never received any answer, and could only leave with regret.

“Great Elder, those little elves…” Mattie asked hesitantly as he looked at the little elves that were climbing up the tree.

“Since the mother tree allows it, then let them be. At night, let the guards take them back to sleep.”

After the Great Elder and his group left, the little elves finally relaxed and kept calling Shang Ke’s name. Shang Ke sat among them, smiling at them and responding to them one by one, even though they could not hear him at all.

At this moment, Shang Ke felt a little elf lean over and sit quietly beside him. Shang Ke turned his head to look and saw that Michael was staring at him intently and his green eyes were shining like gems.

“Can you see me?” Shang Ke asked.

Michael did not shake his head nor nod, but simply moved his body closer again. He hugged his knees and gazed at him quietly with his head tilted.

Shang Ke smiled and raised an index finger to his lips, making a “shhh” gesture. Michael is mute, Shang Ke’s action is actually completely superfluous, but he still did so very naturally.

Michael covered his mouth with both hands, showing only a pair of arched eyebrows.

Although Shang Ke could not talk to the little elves, he could communicate through magic. For example, conjure up a few small butterflies in the air, or use vines to make them a rope ladder.

It was only when they saw the magic appear out of thin air that the little elves were really sure of Shang Ke’s return, and then they began to ask all sorts of questions.

Shang Ke could not answer for now, and just remembered their questions in his heart. When their emotions eased a little, Shang Ke used magic again to visualize the figure of Ivan in the air.

The little elves were smart and immediately understood what Shang Ke meant and replied, “Ivan has gone to war and will probably take seven or eight days to return.”

Bubbles counted with his fingers and reported loudly, “Six days have passed!”

When he got the news about Ivan, Shang Ke no longer asked. He would see him in a few days anyway.

At this moment, Mattie came over with a few guards and shouted to the little elves, “Children, it’s time to go back to bed.”

The little elves stopped frolicking and hung on the tree with no intention of coming down.

Mattie added “You have already missed today’s lesson, do you still want to slack off tomorrow?”

When the elves heard her, their expressions looked torn. They struggled for a moment, but finally reluctantly climbed down from the tree.