FOUR. bless pops off

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It felt so weird for Bless to not go home after school or play a sport like soccer, but to rather head to the bomb shelter with her peers (which she found out was the rehearsal room and not an actual bomb shelter), but she had to get used to it and her new life. She was a troublemaking girl who was playing Ryan Evans because she didn't want to get suspended... again.

Bless stepped beside Chase as they followed everyone else into the bomb shelter. Everyone gawked around the room, their eyes filled with wonder and excitement, while Bless held a blank stare. Honestly, she didn't get what was so special about a room filled with props and stuff.

"Hey, cheer up a bit," Chase advised as he nudged her, noticing her evident frown.

As the two headed to a table to put their bags down, Bless replied, "I just don't see how this room is... What was the word you described it?"

"Magical."

"Yeah, that. It just looks like a room."

"You'll feel it soon," Chase insisted with a grin. Bless raised an eyebrow, still looking unconvinced as she took her script out of her bag. "Anyway, you excited?"

"Yeah, I'm excited..." Bless began with a shrug, "to go home."

"Come on, Blessica. Remind me why you're doing this again?"

"Because it was either this or suspension and apparently me getting in trouble stresses out my moms, so I'm doing this for them."

"Okay, so don't you think you should have a more positive attitude so you can get through this as smoothly and quickly as possible?"

"Oh, Chase." Bless chuckled in amusement as she patted Chase's shoulder. "It's cute you think I'll listen to you." Chase shook his head, while Bless chuckled. "And you can call me Bless."

"Bless? Alright. But, why? Do you hate your name or something?"

"Not really. It's just super annoying when idiots call me 'Jessica', like it's the same name."

"Alright, no sweat. I get it," Chase said as he placed a hand on his chest. "I, sometimes, hate my name too. Apparently, I share it with some cartoon police dog whose catchphrase is 'Chase is on the case!'."

Cutting their conversation short was Miss Jenn. "Could everyone take their assigned seats please?"

Bless and Chase went their separate ways, with Chase heading to where the rest of the dancers sat and Bless going to the circle of desks. She found the placard named 'Ryan Evans' and sat at the desk between Ashlyn and Seb.