SEVEN. fight or flight

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Who knew work could be so much work?" Bless complained to Chase.

The two friends were currently in the library during lunch time. The library was the last place Bless would've gone to, but since Ashlyn had a meeting for her baking club, Chase was the next person she wanted to bug.

"You do know the definition for work, right?" Chase joked as he pulled out another book and checked it, while Bless remained unamused. "Anyway, I thought you loved dancing."

"Yeah, when it's for fun, but now I have to do it for a production based on a movie I don't even like and with someone I despise."

"Gina? She seems pretty cool. Why don't you like her?"

Bless hesitated for a second before saying, "I meant, our characters don't even speak to each other in the first movie, so I just don't get why Gina and I have to do a duet."

"Nice cover up," Chase said with a smirk. He had a feeling Bless was lying, but she just rolled her eyes. "I'm sure Miss Jenn has her reasonings for the duet. She always says her instincts are never wrong." Bless doubted that and before she could say that, her phone chimed. She took it out of her pocket and looked down at her notifications before signing. "What's wrong?"

"Miss Jenn wants to talk to me and Gina in her office," Bless replied, shoving her phone in her pocket. "Uh, I gotta go, but good luck with your Science project."

Chase watched Bless leave with a frown, muttering, "It's... It's my History project." Sighing to himself, Chase left the isle he was in and went to the next one. What made him stop his tracks and grow confused was the person standing against the bookcase. EJ Caswell had his head in his hands, looking exasperated as ever, which was probably why he didn't notice Chase approaching him. Chase, however, didn't care about why EJ was so upset. He just needed a book from the shelf he was leaning on, which was why he cleared his throat. "Uh, mind moving, EJ?"

Finally, EJ lifted his head, but instead of moving, he stared at Chase in confusion. "Wait, how do you know my name?"

"Seriously?" Chase chuckled. However, he realized EJ wasn't joking and his face dropped in disbelief. "We've been in the same class since freshman year. I sit behind you in Biology."

"Oh, right. Uhm, no offense, but what's your name?"

Chase grew in more disbelief and, quite frankly, a bit offended. "I'm Chase. Chase Miller. I'm one of the dancers in the production. Last week, you asked to borrow a piece of paper from me in English." Still, EJ didn't look like he remembered Chase, causing Chase to sigh. "Remember that kid who got hit in his 'area' by a dodgeball during that PE class in sophomore year?"