NINE. to duet or not to duet

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Stick To The Status Quo instrumental rang throughout the bomb shelter with Bless Salazar-Roberts in it. Yet another early morning rehearsal for the show, but this time, Bless was rehearsing her duet with Seb. Carlos was also there too as he was watching the rehearsal. The two boys in question, however, had to step out and hurry to the parking lot as Seb's mom was dropping off his dance bag and Carlos wanted to come along. While waiting for them, Bless decided to run through the choreo by herself.

It was hard doing partner work without a partner, but Bless was managing. She probably looked odd dancing with her arms out like she was holding an imaginary person, but she had to perfect this choreo. After all, Stick To The Status Quo was one of the big numbers of the production.

Her alone time was short-lived when someone else entered the room. Bless halted her steps, her eyes meeting with Gina's who hesitantly stopped. Sighing, Bless looked away from Gina and the latter ignored her and stepped into the room. Ever since their argument, Bless hadn't uttered a word to Gina. Honestly, she thought that she'd be happy with that, but she wasn't.

Upon seeing Gina pick up a notebook and head for the exit, Bless decided it was now or never. "Just so you know," she spoke up, causing Gina to slowly stop her tracks, "I didn't tell Nini to steal all your stuff. That was all her."

"I know," Gina replied, turning around to face Bless. "You'd at least be smart enough not to steal every single item of mine and lug it around in a trash bag." Bless let out a chuckle and nodded her head, while Gina giggled a bit. That was the first time in a long time Bless heard Gina laugh and knowing she caused it made a small smile grow on her face. Though Gina quickly cleared her throat and began gesturing to the door. "I should leave-"

"You kept the shoes," Bless brought up the topic that'd been bugging her since yesterday.

She could've sworn Gina grimaced a bit, but the girl just shrugged nonchalantly. "What shoes?"

"You know, the ones you're wearing right now," Bless continued, gesturing to the pink shoes Gina was wearing, "which are the exact ones I got for your birthday."

"Oh, those shoes," Gina responded with a slight chuckle. "Well, they're the only gift I received in Chicago, so why not. They're just shoes, so they don't really mean a lot."

Bless dramatically put her hand on her chest, faking a pout. "Ouch. That hurt, Porter."

The pair of exes shared light giggles before they stopped, realizing that this was the first time in a while that they were at peace with one another.