TEN. play nice

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Hey, Mom, what about this?" Bless pulled out a green cocktail dress from the rack before her and showed it to her mom Dana who just shook her head with a disapproving frown. Sighing, Bless put it back. "And you wonder why I didn't want to go shopping with you."

"I'd like my youngest daughter to go to homecoming without looking like she's gonna drop out and become a stripper," Dana remarked and Bless exasperatedly rolled her eyes. "Now, look for something else, please. I'll try that side."

Her mom moved to another aisle and Bless did so too, coming face to face with racks of different formal dresses and pantsuits. East High's homecoming dance was coming up soon and Bless was excited. Social events like these made her not hate school that much. She knew it was going to be a fun night. Chase had asked her to accompany her to the dance which she accepted. Ashlyn was also going too, but she said she would be flying solo. Bless had a feeling that Nini wasn't gonna go, especially after just dumping EJ. Despite that, Bless knew that the night would be one to remember and she was determined to make it happen.

As Bless slowly walked down the aisle, eyeing a variety of clothing items and pulling a few out, a woman stopped before her. She was dark-skinned with curly hair and held two dresses in her hands, a long strapless red dress and a rainbow sequenced cocktail dress. Bless was confused as to why the woman stopped by her, but she sent her a small smile. Something about her looked familiar.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to disturb you," the woman began, "but I was wondering if I could a third opinion?"

"Sure," Bless said with a smile, eyeing the two dresses and grimacing a bit. "Although I don't think they're your size."

"Oh, they're not for me. They're for my daughter," the woman informed her with a small chuckle. "We're looking for dresses for her homecoming dance that's coming up and we can't seem to decide on a dress. I was wondering if you could help; you seem to have a great sense of fashion."

Bless glanced down at her outfit, which was a green and plaid pinafore dress and underneath it, she wore a black long-sleeve. With it, she wore a pair of black heeled boots that she borrowed from Momma D. She glanced back to the woman with a pleasing smile.

"Well, I can't argue with the facts," Bless agreed. The two shared a chuckle, though something felt so familiar about the woman. "Which dress did you choose and which did your daughter choose?"

"I chose the rainbow one and she chose the red."

"Then I'd say go with the rainbow. As much as I hate to admit this, a mother's intuition is never wrong and I have two moms."