𝐈.𝐈𝐕

LOKI

Darla watched as the elderly man stood up against Loki, which clearly angered him. Loki aimed the scepter at the man and fired, Steve jumped down just in time and protected the man.

The man had his arm wrapped around Darla's waist, as he jumped down with her. He hid both of them and the man behind the shield. The bolt fired back at Loki, making him fall to the ground with a groan.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Steve said as he slowly stood up and walked towards Loki. Darla was double checking that the man was okay and not injured.

"The soldier and the deranged." Loki smirked teasingly. Darla rolled her eyes, she had been called worse. "The man out of time." Loki used the scepter to help him stand up.

"I'm not the one who's out of time." Steve announced confidently.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha said over the speakers as she pointed the machine gun towards Loki. The man clenched his jaw and blasted the jet that Natasha was in. The girl expertly dodged the blast.

Darla grabbed Steve's shield and threw it at Loki, directly hitting him in the face. Steve took this as his opportunity to lunge forward and hit Loki, only for him to not even move or flinch.

Loki hit Steve with the scepter in the stomach, making him roll backwards and slam into the monument. Darla slid along the floor, wrapping her legs perfectly around Loki's and flipping him onto the floor. He let out a small groan, but he managed to stand up before the girl and kick her in the stomach.

"Bitch." She muttered to herself as Steve threw his shield at Loki once again, only for him to hit it away. Steve clenched his fists and jumped towards Loki, whilst dodging his scepter.

Darla managed to pull herself up, only for Steve to be thrown against her, so she fell back down again.

"Sorry." Steve muttered weakly. He was about to stand up once again, but his felt the end of Loki's scepter against his helmet. He placed his hand over Darla's, hoping she would stay down and not move.

"Kneel." Loki ordered.

"Not today." Steve said as he jumped
up and kicked Loki in the face. Angrily, Loki kneed Darla in the face, cause her nose to bleed before he threw Steve down once again.

"I didn't even do shit." Darla uttered as she cupped her nose. She pulled her hand away, which was covered in blood.

Darla smirked as rock music began playing. She knew exactly what that meant. Her eyes flickered up to the sky, where she saw Tony Stark in his iron man suit. He blasted Loki backwards, making him slam against the stairs.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." Tony said as he aimed his weapons at Loki.

Steve offered Darla a hand before walking to stand beside Tony. They watched as Loki's golden armour disappeared and his hands raised in surrender.

"Good move." Tony nodded as he put the weapons away.

"Mr Stark." Steve looked up to Tony with a smile.

"Captain." Tony looked over to Darla. "Dyer." He nodded in acknowledgement.

~

The three had made their way back onto the ship with Loki as their prisoner. Steve had pulled out the first aid kit and made Darla sit down.

The man knelt down in front of her and placed his hands on her knees as he inspected her wound.

"You know, I saw men with smaller cuts than this that whined more than you." He chuckled at the memories of his days in the war. He began to clean the cut on her nose and watched as she didn't wince or flinch.

Darla looked directly into the mans blue eyes.

"What was it like?" She questioned curiously. Her granddad told her about his war stories, but her parents made him refrain from telling her a lot.

"Maybe one day I'll tell you." Steve flashed the girl a smile.

"I like the sound of that." She whispered back.

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asked over the radio as Steve packed away the first aid supplies.

"Not a word." Muttered Natasha.

"Just get him here. We're low on time." Fury instructed.

"I don't like it." Steve said as he stood up from his crouched position.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony questioned, his eyes flickered over to Darla, who had helped herself to a bottle of Grey Goose, which she had snook onto the jet earlier.

"I don't remember it being that easy." Steve muttered. "This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you're pretty spry for an older fellow." Tony tried not to chuckle at his own remark. "What's your thing, Pilates?"

"What?" Steve questioned, having no clue what Tony was on about.

"It's like Calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things, you know? Doing time as a Capsicle." Tony smirked proudly. Darla chuckled, making both boys look at back her.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." Steve resorted, furrowing his brows.

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you. But I bet you knew, didn't you?" Tony pointed towards Darla, who was now laid across multiple seats with the empty bottle in her hands.

"You bet I did, just how I know who's coming next." She bragged. As if on queue it started to thunder and lightening

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha questioned.

"What's the matter?" Steve asked turning to Loki. "Are you scared of a little lightening?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Answered Loki.

"Here he is." Darla clicked her fingers as Thor landed on the top of the jet. Both Steve and Tony rushed to get their helmets. Darla sat up with a groan.

"You're staying here, kid." Tony said as he pushed the girl back down and opened up the hatch.

"What are you doing?" Steve shouted as Thor landed on the door and made direct eye contact with Loki. Tony went to blast Thor but instead, Thor hit the man with his hammer, grabbing Loki and leaving.

"And now there's that guy. Thanks for the warning." Tony muttered, looking at Darla who had her hands resting on her stomach and her fingers tapping a small tune.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha shouted.

"That guys friendly?" Steve questioned.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." Tony shrugged.

"You need a plan of attack." Darla said calmly as she rolled onto her side, her eyes flickering between both boys.

"I have a plan. Attack." Tony said as he flew out of the ship. Steve instantly rushed for a parachute.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap." Natasha suggested to the blonde man.

"I don't see how I can." Steve responded as he strapped his parachute on. Darla stood up as she noticed him fiddling with the straps. She placed her hands over his and took over.

"These guys are basically Gods." She whispered, not even looking up at the man.

"There's only one God, Ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." Steve answered with a smile. The girl was visibly concerned about him.

"Well, stay safe?" Darla questioned hopefully, Steve nodded, grabbing his shield and jumping out of the ship.