EIGHTEEN. stage one of grief

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Bopping her head along to the music that was playing in her AirPods, Bless headed to the fridge as her body moved to the upbeat rhythm. As she did, the sound of her soccer boots managed to fill the kitchen with some noise. Along with her soccer boots, she wore a pair of red tracksuit pants and a black tank top. Over it was her red and white East High tracksuit jacket. She had early soccer practice that Monday morning and was the only person awake in her house.

Bless took out a carton of milk before she closed the fridge. As she turned to the counter, humming the chorus of Lizzo's Good As Hell, the faint sound of footsteps managed to catch her attention. Entering the kitchen was Nini, still in her pajamas and wearing a sleepy and confused expression. Nonetheless, she sent her younger sister a smile as she sat down by the counter.

"Hey, why are you up so early?" Bless inquired as she poured the milk into her cereal.

"Uhm, a weird dream woke me up," Nini answered, clearing her throat a bit while Bless gave her an expectant look. "I don't really wanna talk about it."

"Okay."

"You're in a good mood," Nini pointed out, shock evident in her tone.

Bless shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm about to eat my breakfast. Of course, I'm in a good mood."

"You know what I meant. You were in a slump the whole weekend," Nini said in concern. Sighing, Bless grabbed the milk carton and headed back to the fridge. As she opened it, Nini continued, "Do you want to talk?"

"No, because I don't need to talk. I'm fine," Bless stated, shutting the fridge and turning to face her sister. "Gina and I broke up again, she's moving again and, after taking the weekend to collect myself, I'm over it."

Nini's eyebrows pulled together in perplexity. "Really?"

"Yeah." Bless waved it off, approaching the counter and taking her breakfast bowl. "Besides, there are more important things to worry about, like opening night coming up soon, I have a soccer match this Friday against North High-Oh, I should probably start on my assignment for Mazzara's class due tomorrow."

"B, you don't have to pretend that you're fine. It's okay to express your feelings."

"I appreciate the advice, Nini, but I'm fine," the youngest Salazar-Roberts assured her sister. "Besides, feelings are for the weak and feeble."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

As Bless took a spoonful of her circle, Nini let out a small amused chuckle before speaking again, "And also, I'm sorry."