TWENTY-THREE. we're all in this together

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"This feels wrong," EJ voiced. He and Chase were still in the dressing room, sitting at the tables as the former read through his script. EJ was now in Ricky's Troy costume which Ricky eventually persuaded him to take before leaving. "Why does this feel wrong?"

"I don't know, dude," Chase admitted with a shrug. "Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Yeah, I'm not so sure what I want anymore."

Entering the dressing room were Bless and Ashlyn, the two girls still in their costumes, wanting to know what the hell was going on with the sudden changes. From what they heard around the bomb shelter, EJ was now playing Troy and upon entering the dressing room, Bless found this rumor to be true.

"What did you do to Ricky?" Ashlyn immediately questioned her cousin.

"You didn't poison him, did you?" Bless asked.

"No," EJ denied that fact. "I didn't do anything. He asked me to fill in."

"How come?"

"He didn't say," Chase piped in. "He looked pretty shaken though."

"So it's true. You're actually going on as Troy," Ashlyn voiced, sounding a bit shocked.

EJ nodded. "Yep."

"I guess a certain part of me wants to say, 'Congratulations'."

"And a certain part of me wants to throw up," EJ said as he stood up, prompting Bless to take a step back with a grimace on her face.

"Wait, if you're Troy, then who's playing Chad?" Ashlyn asked.

"Oh-"

"Buckle up, Wildcats!" Answering Ashlyn's question was Carlos who entered the room dressed like Chad, gaining the attention of Bless, Ashlyn, Chase, and EJ. He stood beside EJ and held a fist to him. "You ready... bro?" Bless couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. EJ bumped his fist before stepping out of the room as Carlos turned to the other three, an anxious look on his face. "Pray for me."

. . .

Bless walked through the corridors of East High, aiming to find Nini. Apparently, she was stressed out about something and Bless had no idea what. However, instead of finding her sister, Bless managed to find Ricky Bowen. He stood at a table with a bunch of pamphlets on, and his eyes tore away from the one in his hand as Bless's footsteps caught his attention. The girl headed toward him, hoping he had some info about her sister.