𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Aurora Salvatore sat on the couch in her house, basking in the light shining through the windows, blissfully ignoring Stefan and Elena being way too touchy with one another

Aurora Salvatore sat on the couch in her house, basking in the light shining through the windows, blissfully ignoring Stefan and Elena being way too touchy with one another. She would nod her head once in a while to anything that was being said., but she actually was simply just too busy playing tic tac toe with herself.

After a while, Elena and Stefan stopped talking. So Rory spent that time relishing in the silence. The silence soon being ended by a very aggressive knock at their own door. Rory was about to stand up, and get it. But, Damon pushed her back onto the couch, getting the door himself.

"Thanks for coming, Ric." Stefan greeted as he opened the door.

Rory's head immediately perked up hearing her favorite teacher's name. Or, probably favorite person. When he made his way into the house, Rory began enthusiastically waving at him, with a smile on her face. Once Ric saw the tiny girl, he waved back, with just as much enthusiasm.

"You need something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon offered.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric said, trying not to laugh as Rory went back to her tic tac toe.

"Yeah. We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan told him.

The mention of the name, Rory's eyes went wide, and she began choking on air, catching the attention of everyone in the room. Alaric reached over and began patting her on the back.

"Thanks," Rory told him but it sounded much more like a little squeak.

Once Ric turned back to the real conversation, he looked skeptically at everyone's face. Damon, who's was blank. Stefan's who's brows were furrowed, Elena's who was staring at Damon, and then he finally looked over at Rory, who just shrugged before laying on the couch dramatically.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Ric said.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead- not dead vampire wife might." Damon told him while taking a spot next to him.

"Isobell's research, from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena butted in.

"You said that she had spent years researching this down." Stefan added on.

"Isobel's research here- Mystic Falls-- Was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction." Ric told them.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon said sarcastically causing Rory to roll her eyes.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked, brining her knees up to her chest.

"Lycanthrope." 

Rory sat next to him trying not to have a reaction, then she saw everyone else's faces, Elena who looked confused. Of course she doesn't know, Rory thought.