Chapter 22

"You scared the shit out of me!" Y/N hissed in a fierce whisper when the guards had moved past their hiding spot, still looking for her. Hyunjin frowned when the woman hit his arm, before looking her up and down. He had just helped her hide further so the guards didn't see her, and this was how she repaid him? Sure, he understood he scared her from the way he grabbed her, but he couldn't risk making a sound and her making a sound when they were so close.

"What happened? I heard you yell, it echoed through the whole armoury." He muttered, watching as the girl just held her arm up. It was hard to see in the shadowed cranny they were hiding in, but he could just about make out the open wound on her arm. The tall blonde sighed, half out of relief it wasn't as bad as it could've been and half out of sympathy for the injury Y/N had received. "Come on, the gun room is just over here. Let's hurry and get out of here, wrap your arm up. We can't have your blood leaving a trail straight to us." He tried to joke a little, but it was obvious the girl was not in the mood for joking. She had just killed someone, and was half in shock from it. The real aftermath of her kill would probably hit her later when she wasn't having an adrenaline rush from the sheer panic that they would be found.

The two began moving after Y/N had ripped a small bit of her shirt to wrap tightly around her open wound. While it wasn't a large wound, it was still painful and bleeding quite a lot. However, she didn't think it would scar, it didn't look deep enough. From what she could see, anyway. Hyunjin and Y/N managed to get to the armoury without further hassle from the guards, and instantly got to work on emptying the cupboards and shelves. They both worked together at grabbing the guns and ammo, stuffing them in the duffel bag.

There was a yell from outside the door, and Hyunjin motioned for Y/N to duck, which she did. Holding the full duffel bag close, Hyunjin moved closer to the door, silently pulling his gun out of the back of his jeans. He could've used his knife, but it sounded like there were a couple of guards outside the door. Whoever was on the other side suddenly started shooting through the door, and Hyunjin rolled against the wall to avoid the shots. He let them finish shooting their clip before he turned and swung the door open, shooting his pistol out of it. The guards dropped down to the floor, blood pooling out of the many holes in their body. "Let's get the fuck out of here, come on!" He yelled in Y/N's direction, before running out of the room.

Y/N followed close behind him, pulling her gun out and shooting at any guards that came towards them. The adrenaline pulsing through her veins didn't give her chance to think twice about what she was doing. Her heart-rate quickened, her breathing getting harder to control as she was growing tired from the constant running. The exit was in sight, footsteps echoing all around from the heavy boots of the guards. The guards surrounded the two mafia members, their aim was, luckily for Y/N and Hyunjin, extremely poor. None of their shots hit the two, but Hyunjin suddenly halted when a row of guards appeared in front of the exit

"Get down!" He exclaimed, tackling Y/N to the floor and holding her down as the guards fired. Both him and the girl instantly began shooting back, some of the guards falling and bleeding out.

Click.

"Shit..." Hyunjin muttered under his breath as his gun ran out of bullets. Soon after he heard his gun run out, he heard Y/N's gun run out too. He pushed the girl to the side, scrambling to his feet and catching his breath. "We're just going to have to run through them. Their aim is fucking terrible, we'll be okay. Are you okay to keep running?"

"Wait, what?! Are you insane!" Y/N scowled, cowering when the bullets ricocheted off the wall beside her. Hyunjin grabbed her shoulders, looking her in the eyes. "We don't have a choice, we run or we die here for nothing!" Y/N glanced into his eyes. He looked as worried as she was, they were both wanting to survive, they both wanted to get back to their gang without letting the guys down.

"Fuck..." Y/N sighed, before gritting her teeth and nodding. "Alright, don't get shot." Y/N agreed to run through the line of fire with Hyunjin. They both held onto each other as they pushed off, sprinting straight towards the guards. The closer they got, the better the aim of the guards got, as it got easier for them to hit their target. Hyunjin took a bullet to his lower calf, causing him to stumble slightly. He didn't lose his balance though, he continued to run despite the shooting pain that was going through his leg.

Y/N helped Hyunjin to run, both of them shoving past the guards and leaving the building. Luckily the guards had to reload, so they were able to get around the corner of the wall before they could shoot again.

After a short time of hiding, they had managed to get back to their car safely. Hyunjin had copied Y/N in ripping his shirt to wrap around his calf. The blonde ran his hand through his hair, breathing heavily as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

Y/N could see Hyunjin's abs through his now wet shirt, and couldn't help but stare for a moment. When Hyunjin let out a chuckle after catching her staring, Y/N instantly looked away. Her face tinted a light pink colour out of embarrassment. "So.." the girl paused, regaining her composure before continuing. "Are you good to drive?"

The blonde didn't even respond, his response was him starting the engine. "Y/N. If a gunshot was to stop me from driving, I'd be fucking useless in this gang." He teased, before letting the car slowly roll as he began to drive out of where they had hidden it.

Y/N pulled her phone out of the glovebox of the car and dialled a number. "Hey, Chan? We're on our way back. Tell Seungmin that he might need to get a couple of bandages out, we both have minor injuries." With that, she put the phone away and relaxed into the seat.

The drive home hopefully wouldn't feel as long as it had been to get to the armoury. Though they still had to drive around the border of the country, they still weren't able to drive through the middle. Hyunjin knew they still had to be careful, make sure they weren't seen by any of their enemies who could be out and about.