17

third person.

"sorry i took so long to pick you up" Daniel apologised as the pair walked hand in hand down the beach. "i had to sort a few things"

"it's fine" Arabella answered, looking at the boy. "i had a nice conversation with the boys"

"good" Daniel said, his nerves clearly coming through. "my parents want to meet you"

"oh" Arabella said in shock, "okay"

"you don't have to" Daniel added. "it's not a big deal"

"no i want to" she claimed, making the boy smile. "it'd be nice"

Daniel lifted the vines, revealing a picnic blanket layed out on the floor. on it was a takeout boxes, candles and some sort of alcohol.

"this is so cute" Arabella awed, sitting down on the blanket opposite Daniel. "is this why you were late?"

"yeah" Daniel chuckled, making the girl smile. "i've got us your favourite, chinese food, and some wine"

"yes" Arabella chirped. "i love chinese food"

"thank you for this, Daniel" Arabella thanked the boy she was slowly falling in love with even if she didn't know it.

"i can't wait to finally put out an album" Arabella began, while the pair are the food. "it'll feel good"

"it's does" Daniel spoke. "your first album is always one to remember"

"and it's not the same as E.P's"

"definitely not" Arabella agreed. "i'll feel like i've actually accomplished something when i put it out"

"you've accomplished loads, Bella" Daniel protested.

"yeah" she paused. "but not a lot"

"you've released two E.P's, and been on tour twice" Daniel explained. "not to mention the singles you've put out too"

"i guess" Arabella said, placing her takeout box on the blanket. she looked up at Daniel to find him already looking at her. "what?"

"nothing" Daniel mumbled with a smirk on his face.

"have i got food on my face?" Arabella asked, making Daniel laugh. "or spilt it on myself"

"no" Daniel said. "you just look very beautiful tonight"

this made Arabella's heart explode, metaphorically. she smiled uncontrollably, looking at Daniel as he looked down with that same smirk.

"just take your shoes off" Daniel spoke, taking Arabella's hand to keep her balanced. "it'll be fine"

the pair ran into the water, only ankle deep, splashing around, laughing like they were the only two alive. Daniel pulled her into his arms, her arms sliding around his neck.

"Bella" Daniel started, the girl looking up into his beautiful eyes. "i'd like you to be my girlfriend"

"i wanna do the whole 'meet the parents thing' and the moving in together parts" Daniel added. "i want it all, but only with you"

"Daniel James, do you have a crush on me?" Arabella asked, making them both laugh.

"i guess i do, Arabella Nova"

{🎤🤍🌟🥡🌺}
a/n
this part was cute :)