|55|

Without having Harry by my side at every waking moment, I feel really lonely. It's been two weeks since we started our break and we haven't spoken. We exchanged a few text messages back and forth but that was us simply checking up on each other.

  He had mentioned he was attending A.A. meetings and I felt like a shitty girlfriend when he did because I had told him I would go with him when he asked the first time. I just hope it went well for him and I hope it's helping at least a little bit. I miss him more than anything, but I know that this is the best thing for us right now.

  Although I still worry about him, I've gotten better at distracting myself. I've been studying non stop for my exams and my grades are the best they've ever been all year. Even though I'm doing well in school, it doesn't take away from the fact that I'm sad. I get home and I sit alone wondering what he's doing. Over the past fourteen days, I've hovered over this contact name multiple time. I just want to hear his voice.

  My dad and I have been keeping in touch since our dinner. He hasn't come back to New York which I'm sort of glad for, just because I don't want to have to make up excuses as to why he can't meet Harry. He's been asking about him nonstop over our sort of lengthy calls. It seems that Harry is our topic over conversation about every time he calls. Not that I mind, but it sort of sucks because I'm not seeing him at the moment.

  I push away my thoughts as I pull open the door of my history building. I've finally finished this piece and to say I'm proud of it is an understatement. I spent a lot of time on it and I feel like I started it at a good time because it was a good distraction from everything else going on in my life. My mind was free of all things Harry for a few hours at a time while working on it.

  "Good evening Ms. Anderson!" Mr. Douglas calls as I walk down the stairs towards his desk, noticing Mrs. Kay standing beside his desk with a grin on her lips. Mr. Douglas smiles widely at me as I hold the canvas towards my body, keeping the art hidden so it's a surprise.

  "Mr. Douglas was excited to tell me you were making a piece for him." Mrs. Kay smiles, raising her eyebrows at me. I grin lightly and shrug my shoulders.

  "Let's see it then." Mr. Douglas says, holding his hands in front of his chest. I step back and spin the canvas around to show the finished art. My heart beats quickly in my chest, both of their faces dropping causing me to frown immediately. "Oh my. . ." Mr. Douglas breathes, his voice shaky as his eyes examine the piece.

  "I hope it's okay." I mutter lowly, glancing at Mrs. Kay who wears a proud smile on her lips as she shakes her head. I glance at Mr. Douglas again who is now wiping his eyes with a handkerchief causing my heart to swell in my chest.

  "It's beautiful, much more than I could've imagined." He whispers. I chew the inside of my cheek as he sighs and wipes his eyes, sig along for me to lay the large canvas across his desk. "Thank you so much, Clover. I— I don't know what to even say." He voices, his eyes searching mine.

  "It was a really interesting piece, I had my dad help me out with some aspects and I learned quite a bit from doing some research." I tell him easily, his shaky hand tracing the edge of the canvas in awe.

  "Clover this is really a beautiful piece, I mean there's so much meaning behind it, especially for those in a similar situation like Mr. Douglas. Very well done." Mrs. Kay nods to me.

  "Thank you." I mumble, rolling my lips into my mouth as I allow my own eyes to fall to the canvas. I tried not to look at it that much when creating it because I didn't want to end up hating everything about it and wanting to start over. But it's kind of hard to look away from.