♡ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝- ♡

𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝-
3.5

(Y/N) was planning on spending the day in her great-grandfather's garden with a nice cup of tea and her copy of The Brothers Karamazov she needed to read for the summer. Skipping Karasuno's Sunday practice was a... trivial choice, to say the least. She'd barely been showing up recently, but with good reason.

Well... meh, reason (if you count needing to work 'good reason'). 

The previous days had definitely served as a much-needed break and distraction from the tireless hours spent hunched over a textbook, a music sheet or pages of kanji. But alas, she had business to get down to (quite literally, sometimes). Sure, the crushing tension she had felt on her shoulders had eased and she felt a lot calmer and the raging storm that had once been messing up her head had dissipated for the most part.

But even so, there was this small nagging fly that had sat on her shoulder whispering these guilt-filled thoughts all weekend. Usually along the lines of 'You've been slacking off. Why are you having fun when you have a paper to write? What about your college essays? You'll never get into Harvard like this. Not to mention your summer project-' This voice sounded an awful lot like her mother.

So, (Y/N) had hoped to be able to sit under the filtered sunlight that streamed in through the thick summer leaves, only the cicadas to keep her company with the occasional interruption from Ikkei about a drink or lunch. 

She most certainly did not expect to see a certain energetic ball of sunshine there.

"(Y/N)-sannn!" He waved cheerfully from the makeshift volleyball court that lay just by the green-bean plants, the colourful red-green-and-white ball held loosely under his arm. 

She smiled, though it was a little strained. She loved the boy, yes, but he was interrupting her peace and quiet. Her time for work. "Hinata, hey! W- what're you doing here?" She asked.

Hinata's eyes lit up as fast as a lightbulb, quickly bouncing over to the younger Ukai, "Oh! Well," He started, almost like he was telling her a great story, "Coach Ukai, your dad- I mean, took me here to practice! You know Kageyama and I had a fight, and I need to be a better player to make it to Nationals! And then Coach Ukai senior showed me the tempos, and I'm practising with a bunch of different people to open up my capabilities with their different techniques and skillsets. You should have seen me! You know how whenever the toss was off I used to panic middair and go like 'Ahh!' and the ball would fall with a 'Splat *frowny face*'. Then, when it was off and I managed to go 'Fwoom!' I HIT UP, (Y/N)! I actually hit it!"