CHAPTER 1•10

Healed

Dawn was laying helplessly on her bed, looking at Mako who was sitting in a chair and looking over a book about detective cases that were unsolved back years ago while she sighed and twiddled her fingers. It was only Mako and Asami that had come to see her after her incident with Gyatso and she only told Katara about it. When Dawn gave her extreme details about how Aang's old master looked, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. She saw so much of Persephone in Dawn, how she never gave up even inches away from death.

But now as she was on bed rest, she could only read and stare out the window while Mako and Asami treated her like a child. Her veins were still visible, Dawn waiting for Korra to snap out of whatever she is in to heal herself. 

"You just going to stay quiet today?" Dawn asked, glancing at Mako who raised an eyebrow and looked at her. "Normally you're the one forcing me to speak, why is today different?" She kept asking.

"No reason, Dawn." He muttered, the girl frowning and sat up to look at him. She let her eyes trail over his face, a frown permanently on his lips while Dawn purses her own to make them look plumper.

"You kissed Asami." She concluded and Mako sputtered while dropping his book on his foot and gasped in pain while he he cursed slightly.

"W-why would you guess that? How could you have known?" He asked and the girl smirked while shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe because you seem stressed about something, and normally you're only stressed about girls. AKA Korra and Asami." She teased and looked at her now chipped nails that Asami had painted the first day she was in bed. "And Asami might have mentioned it."

"Great, I guess I can't keep anything a secret these days." He breathed out while rubbing his face and Dawn giggled.

"Why would you want to keep that a secret? Because you secretly still like Korra? Or because people will think you moved on too fast to try and forget Korra." She guessed and Mako watches her while she finished picking off all the nail polish and he smiled lightly.

"Neither, you're wrong about that." He told her and picked up his book as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not a mind reader, so of course I'm wrong." She said simply and as soon as the words left her mouth, her veins left her body, but the girl's stayed on the window. "I wish that I would get better. Maybe then I wouldn't have to worry about Korra." She told him, and Mako nods his head.

"You don't even know where she is, Dawn." He told her and looked up to see the veins gone from her body. "Dawn!" He yelled happily while she jumped.

"What?! What did I do? I've been here this entire week." She told him and he laughed while hugging her and she prepared for pain, but it never came.

"You're better!" He laughed and the girl laughed with him in relief.

"Finally!" She said happily and hugged him back. She pulled away and looked into Mako's eyes. "That means Korra's okay too." She breathed out and sighed.

"Hopefully she'll be home soon." She told him and he grinned.

<>•<>•<>•

| Edited |