6~ You're Different

Jaehyun and Mark returned back to the base with the men from Black Serpent. Taeyong was impressed with Mark because they had taken four men from their rival gang captive. 

"They seem to be very desperate to have our files. Tsk, as if they are going to get it," Taeyong remarked after looking at the locked up men. "Winwin, have a thorough interrogation with them once they wake up. If they don't fess up willingly then use force, but I want every minute detail which we can use against the Serpents," Taeyong said and continued, "Also a meeting will be held tomorrow in the morning, we will be discussing the strategies and some basic plan ups, you can go now." As everyone was about to leave Taeyong called Mark again, "Mark, Dream will be going on a mission in six hours, give them some details and instructions." "Okay, will do." Mark said and left.

The Dream is a unit of NCT which consists of the younger member. Being the younger ones they are not assigned with much hasty and difficult missions. Most of the times its the drugs and arms & ammunition deals they are assigned with.

Mark reached the dream dorm. He was welcomed with chaos and playful screams. The younger ones were busy with their own stuff when Haechan saw Mark entering the dorm. "Oh hyung, what brings you here?" Haechan questions Mark curiously. Haechan's voice was loud enough for the other to hear. Everyone turned their heads to the entrance of the dorm.  "Mark hyung? Oh hi  hyung, what's up?" Jeno chimed in. "Hi kids, I just dropped by to give you all some instructions regarding the mission and also it's been a while since I dropped by, also we have a meeting tomorrow so drop by the base after the mission." Mark said. 

Mark gave them the details regarding the mission, "And lastly don't forget to check your in-ears and trackers." "Yes hyung," the unit said in unison. 

"By the way, where were you for the past three days hyung?" Jaemin asked Mark. "I was busy spying someone," Mark replied. "Can you elaborate it?" Haechan asked Mark. 

 Mark explained the recent chain of events to the six of them. After listening to the story, Chenle did his iconic dolphin scream but immediately got smacked by Renjun. "So its a girl eh! What's her name?" Jaemin exclaimed and wiggled his brows. "How is she? Is she pretty?" Jeno questioned. "Hyung, what does she do?" Jisung immediately asked after Jeno.  "How old is she?" Haechan chimed in. "Would you consider dating her?" Renjun asked. Mark got bombarded with bunch of questions by them. "Well well, calm your butts down." Mark said and rolled his eyes. He was stunned by their interest in her. "For starters, her name is Min Aera. She's of your age and she's a uni student studying business management. Also Jeno, I don't now if she is pretty, No Renjun, I won't date her, who even dates their assignment?" Mark replied to them in a disgusted tone.

"But do you still agree that she's beautiful?" Haechan asked with curiosity. "Umm, maybe?" Mark answered him with confusion laced in his reply. The boys started giggling after listening to Mark's reply. "Is the great, cold Mark Lee turning soft for someone?" Jeno teased Mark but soon the others joined him too. "Ouuuu~ Markie turning soft for a girl!" they sang together.

 "Yah, I'm your hyung, show me some respect." Mark quickly said. " Hyung my ass. Grow some balls and get a girl already hyung!" Jisung, the youngest blurted out which made everyone gasp in shock. They turned around to look at Jisung. For all he knew he screwed up bad. He immediately cupped his mouth when he realized what he said. " PARK JISUNG YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!" Jaemin exclaimed.  Jisung started running as Jaemin was chasing him. "He's lucky enough that he did not say it in front of Taeyong, we all know how it would have gone down," Mark said. An image of 'mother Taeyong' popped in their mind which cracked up everyone in a fit of laughter.

In the meanwhile, Aera was confused about what she was feeling towards a stranger whom she met a day ago.

~Min Aera  

What is it that I'm feeling?  Ughh, I hate staying confused and having no idea of what's going on. Why are feelings so complicated? Sheesh, get a hold of yourself Aera you cannot let your guard down. He's in a freaking mafia gang and you're a dedicated university student. Damn but he looked hella attractive while tackling those men, the way his veins popped out. AERA YOU'RE DROOLING, STOP! You practically embarrassed yourself by kicking his babymaker, arghhhhh I feel like pulling my hair out. He threatened to kill you like a day ago Aera, but he also took care of me. UGHHHH. Why is he like this, so....... different. 

~THIRD PERSON POV

After having an endless debate with herself, she finally thought about getting some sleep.

Currently, NCT was preparing to interrogate the men  Mark caught. As informed to the members about the meeting, all 23 members gathered up in the meeting room of the gang's base. The room was filled with chatters and laughter. All three units of the gang, NCT 127, WAYV and NCT DREAM were a bit perplexed about this sudden meeting.

 Taeyong entered the room and clapped his hands to gain their attention. Everyone turned their heads towards the noise. As Taeyong grabbed everyone's attention, he started speaking. " Good Morning everyone, I know I called this meeting on a very short notice but its really important. I hope you all know that we captured four of the Black Serpent's men. They will be taken in an interrogation soon so that we can find their purpose. Till then I want all the members to stay alert and stay aware of your surroundings. We will still carry regular missions but with more precaution. Also the dreamies will rarely be part of risky missions but they will be standby. So now lets start working. Tech team try finding Black Serpents whereabouts, WayV will investigate whether they are active outside of Korea, 127 will immediately start spying on them after we find out about them and as for the dreamies they will be helping the assigned teams. They are in desperate need of the member profiles that means they don't have much idea about our identities, so lets stay as discreet as possible. And lastly  no member will get out of the house without a weapon on them. That's it for today, let's start working," Taeyong instructed the members. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Eomma Taeyong almost broke out of Leader Taeyong in the end," Haechan commented which made everyone explode in a fit of laughter. Taeyong no doubt was known as the ruthless leader of NCT who has no remorse but only his members know his true self. "Yah, I heard that," the elder one glared and smacked the younger one on his remark. And with that everyone left to complete their assigned tasks. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I was listening to No Longer by NCT 127 and istg that song brings peace to my soul. Which is your favourite NCT song?