"Chapter 7"

Ayira's pov.

It was the day after I've found out that I'm a bender with a gift. Yes I could use all elements if I wanted to but I had to learn all the elements.. just like Korra had to.

We started with airbend training. It seemed a logical decision because Korra had to train this element too.

'Why do we have to sit here and do nothing?' I asked being impatient but I got no reaction back. I looked at Korra to see if it did work for her.

Korra tried to focus too but it didn't work for her at all. She scratched her butt. A chuckle left my mouth. Then she started sniffing the air like a maniac.

She opened her eyes and looked at the other three airbending kids then looked to me and we both gave eachother the 'I don't get it' face. We both went to sit better.

It didn't take long before Korra gave up.

'I think I'm doing it wrong.' She said with disappointment.

'Yeah me too. I don't know what to do.' I said with a sighed. Tenzin opened his eyes clearly getting a little annoyed by us.

'There's nothing to do, let your mind and your spirit be free, for air is the element of freedom.' Tenzin said.

I was quite interested in what he said. It was great to have more elements but with more elements comes more responsibility and thats the thing that I didn't like at all.

Korra started to laugh. I looked at her with confusement and I was not the only one. Tenzin shared the same look on his face.

'Is something funny?' He asked to Korra.

'Yeah, you're telling me to embrace freedom, but you won't even let us listen to the radio? and forget about leaving this island.' Korra said with irritation. But she was right.

'Korra is kinda stating facts right here.' I said with agrement.

'Thanks Ayira.' Korra said with a grin.

'Please, girls look at Meelo. He's able to meditate peacefully.' Tenzin said and pointed his hand to Meelo.

Korra and I went a little forward to look at Meelo.

'Actually, I think he's asleep.' Korra said to Tenzin.

'What?' Tenzin said in a suprised tone. He leaned in to look a little better. He sighed with disappointment.

'Well, at least he has the relaxing part down.'

'Whatever. None of this airbending stuff makes any sense to me.' Said Korra with frustration.

'I know you're frustrated, but these teachings will sink in over time. Then one day they'll just click.' Tenzin said hoping that Korra would just get back to meditating. Korra inhaled and tried again and so did I.

'Yeah, It's not sinking in yet. I'm gonna get a glass of lychee juice.' Said Korra in defeat and walked off.

'Korra, the meditation's not over yet.' Tenzin said a little loud. Not knowing that he disturbed his kids. He sighed.

'Daddy, can I have some lychee juice too?' Ikki said in her usual hyperly voice.

'No.'

I heard Meelo groaning and saw him falling backwards. Ikki had a disturbing face on. Being a little disturbed that she couldn't get some lychee juice.

'Let's just leave it for now.' Tenzin said with defeat and stood up. The kids followed him and I just sat there thinking.

Maybe I just look at it the wrong way..