꧁15꧂

Leta said at a desk in the communal area of the Slytherin common room which was cleaner then the Gryffindor common room, the state of that common room shocked her

Leta said at a desk in the communal area of the Slytherin common room which was cleaner then the Gryffindor common room, the state of that common room shocked her. Homework ,even if it wasn't suppose to be, became as communal and social event. It usually concluded with first years sharing answers between them whilst the other years began one group, a first year occasionally asking a older Slytherin a question if none of them knew it.

That Sunday night was no different. Leta sat beside Regulus on the desk which they were both crammed on because all the others were occupied. "The answer to 5 is Unicorn Hair." Leta said monotonously, pointing at that question on his parchment as she flicked her quill around in her hands.

"Hey Narcissa, the answer to 5 is Unicorn Hair!" He shouted to the blonde girl over the conversation of students, his hands cupped around his mouth to make his voice go further. Narcissa looked up before smiling at him and scribbling it down on her parchment.

"What the fuck?" Leta asked, frozen as she looked at the boy in shock and confusion, her quill which she had just dipped making small drops of ink fall onto her page.

"You gave answers to that bitch?" She asked him, leaning in to whisper closer to the boy who tutted and shook his head. "She is actually really nice when you know her, she is just a bit bitter about the whole Head Girl thing." He exclaimed, putting his quill into his ink pot and straightening out his parchment so he side of the desk lay neatly.

"A bit bitter my arse." She muttered, turning back to her homework and picking up her quill again, wiping the ink on her index finger and flicking it off onto the floor.

Minette then walked in, clearing her throat to catch everyone's attention and it did, which surprising that she was heard over the racket. "Professor Slughorn has asked for all Slytherins to go to the Room of Requirement." She spoke clearly but not loud which was a skill of hers.

Minette may of been sort of strict and could do a perfect 'I'm mad at you but your my child' sort of voice that parents use to express how disappointed they are she was like a mother to a couple of students who didn't have one. Leta was sort of sick of the stories of first years who told her that when she helped them out.

Leta got up, scooped all her books into her arms and made her way to her dorm room, passing the infamous Gang of Slytherins. "Just because she is Head Girl she thinks she in better then everyone." Narcissa scoffed as she pushed her chair under her desk, looking at Lucius and Evan who sat beside her.

"She is, that's why she is Head Girl." Leta butted in, leaning towards them so her head stuck out into the middle of the small meeting they were having. She couldn't help but interject something and just walk by without saying anything.

Regulus just walked behind her, his hands pushing her shoulders to urge her away and to her room where she reluctantly went.

All Slytherins flooded into the Room of Requirement, filling the benches at each side of the room. Slughorn stood in the middle, his arm resting in front of him as he smiled at the students to greet them. Once everyone was seated he began to talk.

"I would first like to address, there has been rumours of a Slytherin and Gryffindor prank war. What I have to say to that is, make them beg for forgiveness-"

"Mr Slughorn." McGonagall spoke with urgency and slight shook, appearing out of no where. Leta didn't even see the Professor who over looked the students, hovering over them more then the ghosts of the castle. Slughorn did his usual awkward shrug and continued.

"But to celebrate Dumbledore's 20th anniversary of being Headmaster, a Christmas ball will be held and you are all required to dance." All the boys let out a huff as the girls squealed slightly in excitement, Leta however let out a loud sigh after all the squealing was finished so everyone looked at her.

"Mrs Lestrange, if you are so enthusiastic, would like to show us how to dance." Slughorn said looking at the girl who had propped her feet up on a empty space in front of her. Leta looked around in thought then stood up. "I could, as long I could dance with Professor McGonagall." She said with a smug look which made everyone snicker and giggle as Leta made her way down the steps.

"Mr Filch, if you could." Filch then lifted up a the arm of the record player, clumsy dropping it so it let out a loud crackle, making Leta cringe.

Leta then began to lead the emerald Professor around the space, impressing everyone including the Professor who seemed to always glare at the Slytherin girl.

Leta had been taken to a lot of balls during her life, the classic extravagant pure-blood balls which included lots of ball room dancing, making Leta a expert.

The music finally stopped and Leta took a big bow as everyone clapped and laughed at the girl. She snickered to herself when she saw both Regulus and Minette shaking their heads at the same time. "Very good Miss Lestrange. I hope your dancing partner will be up to your standards." Slughorn said, trying to hold back the chuckles as McGonagall passed him.

Then all the Slytherins were practicing ball room dancing around the room. All you could hear over the music was "your stepping on my foot!" Or "your not in time!" which made Regulus and Leta chuckle.

Both Regulus and Sirius went to the pure-blood balls which made them slightly more bearable for Leta who would other wise be dancing with a few people and standing by the food table, one of the only reason she went willingly.

The Professor in emerald robes then clapped her hands, stopping the music and the dancing almost as if she cast a spell and made everyone frozen which she could of possibly done.

"I think that is enough dancing for tonight. Please make your way back to your common room." And with that, they all flooded out of the room then making their way back to the Slytherin common room.