Chapter 21: Guidance

"Kota eat your waffles" I said as I leant against the kitchen counter. Kota ran from around the corner and started devouring the plate of waffles I put on the table.

"What are we doing today?" Kota asked after drinking some juice.

"I have to go to UA today. I didn't have to go yesterday since the students are moving into dorms, regular classes had been canceled" I answered back while I opened the fridge to get (f/b) (favorite breakfast)

"What about you? Aren't you going to move to the dorms?" Kota asked.

"Nah, I have my house here. I wouldn't leave it like that" I responded while taking the seat next to him.

"What am I doing today?" Kota questioned.

"I can ask the elderly couple next door to watch you. They're good people, I pay their rent since they're both retired and struggling. They're the only people that think I'm an actual child" I chuckled.

"Nooo I wanna go with you!" Kota whined.

"I don't think I want you close to those heathens" I denied automatically.

"They were literally at the camp grounds for a week" Kota countered.

"Yeah but I wasn't your legal guardian at the time" I shot back. We were both in a staring contest for a minute, until I blinked first.

"Dammit I lost. Guess you come with me then" I mumbled. Kota cheered and took his empty plate to the sink. He ran to his bedroom so he could get dressed for the day.

I just shook my head before cleaning up my own finished breakfast. I was already ready for work so it was just the waiting game for Kota. I would have to admit though, having someone else in the mostly vacant house does serve as a refresher.

I never thought I would grant access for someone else to live here, since the last people to live here was me, Jupiter, and Shiyuna. But Kota really did mend me a little. I didn't perform any suicides after I took him in, so I wouldn't be a bad role model.

Kota ran from the hall and was flipping over the pillows on the couch.

"...What are you doing?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Looking for my hat!" Kota yelled in a panic. He was about to flip the cushions before I spoke up.

"It's on your head kiddo" I stated. Kota paused and slowly put his hand on his head. Sure enough his hat was resting there, just like always. He blushed madly in embarrassment.

"We never speak of this" he threatened me. I rose my hands in defense and waved them back and forth.

"I won't I won't. Now let's go before I'm late. Aizawa wanted me there at a certain time and that was an hour ago" I cheered and opened the front door.

"Then you're already late!" Kota yelled.

"Well yeah but I always do this. Can't be later than late though" I shrugged and motioned for Kota to leave the house first. He compiled while bouncing out the door. I patted my pockets to make sure I had everything before locking up my house.